aberdeen-music

Funk Machine 2010

FatHand

I'll start this by saying thanks to everyone who has supported what we've been doing this year so far and for making it so much fun to do. We've seen some great bands come up here, many for their first time, funking up Aberdeen and generally having a great time.

I'll be using this thread to update those who are interested on how our 2010 plans are shaping up. We have some exciting ideas in early development stage, I will reveal all as they come to fruition. I will also be checking with you guys to see what acts people would be interested in seeing so get vocal and I'll see what I can do. As ever we will be trying our hardest to drive down the door costs as far as we dare. We do need bodies through the door for this to happen and also help us sustain the standard of group we now attract. For this reason we may introduce a "loyal-to-the-funk" card as incourragement.

Along with my own contacts, I've just been in touch with a new agency that we might start using next year alongside Primary Talent, who gave us Belleruche and Ugly Duckling. Most of the groups on the books of this new agency are expensive so I need to get some excited responses like I did for UD before I can make any commitments...

How would people feel about James Taylor Quartet for example? I'll put up more options later.

One group that has been pencilled in for March 2010 are The Fantastics, you may not have heard of them before so check them out ... YouTube - Soul Child - The Fantastics! (feat: Noel mcKoy)

Super Six Funk Machine will be joining these guys for a 5 day tour of Scotland and North England. Really looking forward to this.

Other news, Funk Machine Presents will be 1 year old in January. We will be celebrating by getting as many of the local acts that have been involved during this time along for some sort of mash up. I was at Cellar 35 last Friday which was the 1 year anniversary of another night and they had cake!! Excellent idea, so I think we'll copy and have cake too.

Over and out for now

Colin

• 4 months later...

A wee update to what we have in store for this year.

Friday April 30th: Super Six plus guest Tunnel 2

Friday June 11th: Subsource, Super Six and A Zi Cool

My mates band, Subsource, are coming up from London in June. They are honestly freakin awesome so check out their Cyber Punk stylings....

If you get compliments from The Prodigy for this kind of music then you must be doing something right.

Super Six have a mini tour booked in for May... Edinburgh, Newcastle, Perth and tbc. I prefer saying mini tour to "we're doing 4 gigs in a row" haha.

Will make some proper listings for those gigs later on.

James Taylor Quartet - oooh! :up:

Yeah I know. I'm getting heaps of really really great stuff through the email but I just don't have the free cash to fund it all. Just got an email for Snowboy and the Latin Section which would be awesome. The major problem is these acts can have up to 10 people in them so therefore tickets would be expensive to cover all costs that are involved, knowing what Aberdeen is like I really can't afford to risk that amount of my own money should a gig flop! We're going to build up to this over time though, reinvest the money made from other events.