aberdeen-music

FENDER DELUXE 85 AMP FOR SALE (as used by johnny greenwood!)

murdo

For Sale:

Rare 1990's Fender Deluxe 85 guitar amplifier.

AS USED BY JOHNNY GREENWOOD OF RADIOHEAD FAME!

85 watt solid state amp. 1x12" Original Fender Blue-back Speaker and comes with original 3-button footswitch - channel/boost/reverb.

These amps are few and far between, you don't see many of them; quite an interesting amp though for a solid state combo due to it's 2-input configuration:

2 Inputs : 1-Clean 2-Blend

The blend channel is a unique feature on this amp which allows you to mix both your clean and drive channels together.When using the blend input - once you've set your clean volume, you can then adjust the volume of the drive channel to compliment it. This means that, when you set the drive volume higher - when you switch to the drive channel you can still retain some of the clean channel to add some extra clarity to your drive sound. You can also set the drive volume lower than the clean to add a bit of dirt to a clean tone. Then once you've set your boost control you can step on the boost button which cranks the drive even higher! Many sounds can be achieved with this layout and is well worth experimenting with!

This is a photo of the amp, not my actual one but i will have proper photos uploaded soon and anyone can e-mail to request photos if they wish.

deluxe85.jpg

Amp is in good condition, slight wear on one part of the tolex grill but apart from that no problems!

Overall a nice sounding amp with some unique tones

180 or nearest offer gets it!

get me at: elray_85@hotmail.com or text 07813783121

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I still have the amp available. I am open to offers on it but only due to the fact that i just realised that i forgot to put in the ad that it may need a new reverb tray (about 30). I bought this one on ebay myself and paid around 240 for it and is still in the exact same condition as when i got it, although i have been checking ebay regulary and i haven't seen one come up in quite a while - as i say these are not common amps and are quite sought after. The amp is located at our rehearsal space down by the harbour so feel free to contact me if you want to come down, try it out and maybe make me an offer.