aberdeen-music

10th June Super Six + OPEN + Cobra Kai + Soul Situation

Tunnels 1

June 10th

Doors 8pm

Entry 4

OPEN:

Newcastle based phunksters OPEN will energise your Wednesday night as they come to Aberdeen as part of their UK tour. The tour is part of their prize for winning the Modern World battle of the bands competition.

O.P.E.N. on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Super Six Funk Machine:

Aberdeen's Funkatronic Party Dance Band take the stage again to make you dance til you drop out. Bring along your funk equipment.

Super Six Funk Machine on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Cobra Kai:

These guys have a great name, their myspace page looks pretty and their songs rock. Getting back onto the scene after a short break to train their new guitarist and record their new EP "Some Thoughts Concerning Education", Cobra Kai are going to put on great show for you.

Cobra Kai on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Soul Situation:

These guys are bunch of experienced musicians playing a range of soul + funk classics. You just can't go wrong with that!

Soul Situation on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

So an eclectical night of music for you. I organised this gig for OPEN as part of their tour so be good to see a nice sized crowd (always hard mid week). Based on their youtube vids they are band who play with full energy, I've know the drummer for many many years but not seen this band before so I'm really looking forward to this!

Hope you can make it along.

• Upvote 1

Bump

Going to get some super six tracks up over the weekend.. did some live recording at musical vision last sunday. I must say that for the amount of time it took to do it, the quality is top notch... nice snappy sounding drums and punchy bass, nice sax and keys and vocals are fine enough. Andy's got it down now in his studio so if you need a quick demo and don't need a million takes to do it I highly recomend a visit. Cheap enough too, especially over the weekend.

big thumbs up

Think we're going to try and get some stuff down in their too, good to hear it's worth it ;)

Looking forward to Wed!

yeah, so set up time for instruments bout an hour then it took about 3 hours to do a couple of takes of two tracks (one's a bit of an epic) and then a run through and take of vocals. The results are definitely good enough for demo stuff. Just away to put one of them up on myspace now.

I'll email you the times for getting down to the tunnels shortly, been really busy this weekend so just getting round to it now.