aberdeen-music

Cuts/Turning 13 at Billy Bundy's (or whatever it's called)

Cloud

I'm way too tired to comment properly, so all that i'll say is that the good old Cuts are really, really getting into the swing of things now - the early gig nerves seem to have been replaced with a new found confidence that they're winning over people. I have to say that they were outstanding tonight, with everything slotting into place just wonderfully.

I missed Turning 13, so can't comment.

The venue itself was a bit strange - I can't say that I'm too keen on the place as a venue, it seemed a fine place to have a drink, but it just didn't have the same vibe that The Moorings has. I think my feelings are probably summed up in the sense that they were just "trying too hard" as a venue and not hard enough on other aspects - I'd probably go and see bands I liked there, but I wouldn't go there in the hope that something exciting might be on.

There was also an acoustic solo act, I didn't catch the person's name, but she had a beautifully haunting voice, and the nature of her performance suited the place far more than full on bands.

All in all, with doors being advertised at 9pm and soundchecks still being done then, it didn't lend itself to being a very credible venue - it just doesn't seem to "fit" in the grand scheme of things.