aberdeen-music

Amir Khan - 54 secs......

Diesel

Well, I've been saying it for yonks and last night, it happened...

aleqm5jw4c-bda4qtix_aphdvlpx7sk1pq.jpg

"In a huge upset, highly regarded lightweight Amir Khan was spectacularly knocked out in the first round by unheralded Colombian Breidis Prescott on Saturday night at the MEN Arena in Manchester, England. Prescott (20-0, 18 KOs), making his European debut, dropped the previously undefeated WBO #2/WBC #5 rated Khan (18-1, 14 KOs) with two left hooks almost immediately then floored him for the count just 54 seconds into the fight"

...talented as he may be, a fighter as reckless as Khan was always going to get clocked by a smarter opponent.

Still, he's young enough to bounce back.

It was inevitable. He's got no idea about defensive boxing, he can get by with the whole raining hits down on weak opponents and wearing them out that way but he's never going to win against someone who's more technical with an all out attacking style.

I think he'd be better off concentrating a bit on the long game rather than trying to finish it off so early all the time. Prescott is a good all round fighter and it showed last night. I was pretty sure he was going to beat Khan by KO but nowhere near as quick as that. It just shows how much work Khan has to do.

Sky have virtually ignored Khan for the past 4 years but as soon as they sign him they make out that he's Sugar Ray Robinson incarnate and charge 15 for the privilege of seeing him gubbed in 54 secs, genius. Unfortunately it wont deter Sky from over-hyping his 'comeback' fight or any other event that they transmit, e.g. the Ryder Cup which they have somehow managed to get people believe is bigger than the Majors.