aberdeen-music

Building electronic things... how do i build things like this?

Guest batterypowpow

Guest batterypowpow

Hey, i know nothing about electricals/electronics and wish i paid a little more attention in technical at school. I came across this...

At about 50secs they mention the VHS box noise machine, then at about 1:45 he talks a little more about it. There's also a kids' phone thing he made at 1:25.

How do you go about building these things and other little devices, music-orientated or otherwise? Where's a good place to find out about this sort of thing? Any good sites/magazines?

Cheers.

If you visit Maplin's shop in Aberdeen you will be able to buy any number of small, inexpensive, simple electronic kits.

Each kit of parts comes with full assembly instructions. This is as good a way as any to get started in electronics.

This is a link to Maplin's kits:

Maplin > kit

For example the YouTube video mentions a square wave noise generator - a kit for that from Maplin costs just 6.99.

The VHS box mentioned in the video is simply the box into which he put the circuit. It is nothing to do with VHS.

Have fun!

The chances are that the person who will take your money is also a member of this group and can give you further guidance.

Graham