aberdeen-music

Classical Musicians Wanted

jcn

Hello

This will be the first ever classical music night at the Tunnels on Monday 26th November. I have plenty of folk that are going to play, but was hoping to find some people that aren't students, and give them a chance to play.

We have an excellent piano accompanist who can sight read any music you put in front of him. We are looking for solo instrumentalists or vocalists who love classical music and would like to perform it in an informal atmosphere.

PM me with a list of repertoire and an estimated time for your set.

Cheers :up:

Jayne

Hello

This will be the first ever classical music night at the Tunnels on Monday 26th November. I have plenty of folk that are going to play, but was hoping to find some people that aren't students, and give them a chance to play.

We have an excellent piano accompanist who can sight read any music you put in front of him. We are looking for solo instrumentalists or vocalists who love classical music and would like to perform it in an informal atmosphere.

PM me with a list of repertoire and an estimated time for your set.

Cheers :up:

Jayne

That's cool, like an open mic for classical music. I may have to dig out my clarinet and get a couple of pieces together, will this be a regular thing?

Hey Colin, great to hear from you.

I plan to make it a regular monthly or bi-monthly event, dependent on whether we get an encouraging amount of attendees - hint, hint everyone :-)

I would love for you to come along, it would be ace to see you. Tim is a brilliant pianist and will be able to play anything you give him. Come along with your music and see what happens, it can't be as scary as 'Le 'eep 'op Francaise' :-)

Jayne xxx

Hey Colin, great to hear from you.

I plan to make it a regular monthly or bi-monthly event, dependent on whether we get an encouraging amount of attendees - hint, hint everyone :-)

I would love for you to come along, it would be ace to see you. Tim is a brilliant pianist and will be able to play anything you give him. Come along with your music and see what happens, it can't be as scary as 'Le 'eep 'op Francaise' :-)

Jayne xxx

Ha ha, I'm VERY rusty with my clarinet. So rusty I'd need a fairly long time to practice just to get some skill back - barely picked it up in the last 5 or so years :moody:. I feel pretty bad letting it go but to be honest it is not the most sought after instrument and getting into a decent orchestra or concert band is a nightmare if you can't spend at least an hour practicing a day.

I will try my best to make it to your first one but this time of year is so busy for soul band gigs, got 5 over the next couple of weeks.

If I don't make it, I hope it goes well and will try and prepare something for next time!