aberdeen-music

trailblazers of the north

Guest Mr Blastcap

Guest Mr Blastcap

i remember last year the idea was floated on this board for a kind of go-north fringe event, basically giving space somewhere to the silly noise art rock groups of this fine town that would'nt get within spitting distance of the real go-north, i would imagine bands like spike pile driver and sidca and any other interested parties would be suitable for this kind of shindig...of course it would be hush hush and laminate's only etc, i personaly favour branding or tagging any industry types that show up and making them pay double price for beer......

aint that a great idea!

Hah. When was the last time you saw an industry type listening to a band? All they do now is put an ad in The Stage for "Attractive girls, 16-22, To form the next Atomic Kitten. No fat chicks. One must be black. IQ's below 48 please."

Then when 13,000 wannabees turn up in London, they bin anyone who tries to sing an Eva Cassidy song, then throw darts to find the last three.

That's A&R 2004.

I've seen a lot of these ads lately come to think of it - 'Young Talented Girls Wanted' and things like that. It was for a female 'real rock' band as well. It's all a bit creepy. Plus, i saw the flyers in drum central - do these people think they'll find attractive young women in a drum shop? :)

I quite like the idea of inventing a fictional 'talented young girl', complete with biography, photo and demo tape and seeing how far we could get her in one of these things. I might have to send Craig along in drag if we made the audition..

Anyway, back to the point of the thread, I think it's a great idea!

why the assumption GoNorth excludes certain genres......i saw a band called Transelement at last years one who were way more far out than anything in Aberdeen (note: i didnt say 'better' than.....) but they were pretty fucking out there...spazz rock extreme

maybe more of yers should apply to play - thats the only way you can actually it make more interesting and relevent to Aberdeen.....dont worry about offending the A&R clowns.......its an absolute pleasure to do so

infiltrate to contaminate!

Guest Mr Blastcap

same day as the last night of go-north, secluded and aloof with all the best bands i can find!

have to sort out a venue like, but i'm keen on somewhere classy...maybe revolution or somewhere on belmont street..........

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr Blastcap

that would be fun! revolution has better coctails though, and its got that bit you can sit out in. allready i have invited garry barlow, some folk from coronation street and the baldy bloke off late review. tom paulin cant make it due to a problem with his pondering muscle, which is a shame.