aberdeen-music

curious..

KarmaTsunami

about the bottled beers you stock..i plan to come in mid-week for a drinking session at some point...maybe wednesday night to try some things i saw in there that looked tempting yesterday but i obviosuly couldn't try due to having work that same day. i saw this unusual looking bottled beer i think it was next to the rolling rock...just wondering what it was...

Guest Laura@TMB

The mysterious looking beer could be Arran Blonde ab (brown bottle, white label). This is a wheat beer produced by one of Scotland's microbrewies. If you happen to be into cask ales, then this beer is not bottle-conditioned, ie it's not left to continue brewing in the bottle (lay-person speak here). The result is, that it's light and gassy and pretty refreshing. Unlike cask ales, this beer is served chilled, making it much more acceptable to most drinkers' palates. Are you bored yet? Me too...

Basically, if you like Hoegaarden or any other wheat beer, then you should like this one!

If you really fancy trying something different, and you like sweet things, them I'd recommend one of the fruit beers. The Frambozen (raspberry) is 4.5% abv and the Kriek (cherry) is 6%, so nice hit too !!You might have seen folk drinking these last night - green bottles with paper wrapping and champagne type corks. These are REALLY popular.

We're currently looking to further develop our range of bottled beer, since more "genuine imported" products are now readily available, ie we'd prefer not to stock stuff that's merely brewed under licence.

Hope this helps, maybe see you through the week.

Laura