aberdeen-music

lucy Cuts @ Belmont

Guest valley69

Guest valley69

Lucy from the cuts is playing at belmont cinema cafe tomorrow night as part of an acoustic evening. listening to her set at practise tonight and it was sounding very impressive.

Hope to see a few of you there to show lucy some support, cheers

ollie.

Guest valley69
Originally posted by ghost:

i was there. i saw and heard. i'm afraid i was glad it was a short set.

i thought it was a very good set, despite her being very nervous. A hell of a lot better than the first guy that was on.

oh, agreed. barry's a good guitarist but his vocals were (a) too loud (b) slightly too whiny and © out of tune (or his guitar was).

i liked lucy's third song, but the one she started with just reminded me of L7. it is nerve wracking playing the belmont though - it's bright, crowd noise travels too well and you've got no monitors & therefore no idea how you're sounding. she should smile more too. :)

oh and while tom bigg (and band) sounded quite nervous for the first couple of songs, those harmonies were great and the song lyrics surreal. sounded just like the cd i got too. some of his songs were like a cross between malkmus and the microphones and vocally, tom reminds me of david byrne. recommended!