aberdeen-music

For sale: Danelectro Reel Echo pedal

Guest MKII

Guest MKII

http://www.guitareffectspedals.com/reelecho.jpg

For sale: Danelectro Reel Echo pedal, I only bought it 3 weeks ago, it's in perfect condition, used for about 2 hours maximum, still with its box and bubble rap.

Reason for sale?

I am bidding on a rare amp on ebay and need the extra funds to help secure the win. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/very-rare-VOX-DEFIANT-guitar-amp-head-JENNINGS-c1967_W0QQitemZ7419374090QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I love the pedal, but I've wanted one of those amps for years... please help! :p

Looking for a quick sale: SOLD

Guest MKII
Outbid...
Just kidding...

Good luck with the purchase.

It's likely that I will be outbid, but some previous amps have went for a small amount and others for a lot!!! :down:

Some guy outbid my original price though! :swearing:

It's likely that I will be outbid' date=' but some previous amps have went for a small amount and others for a lot!!! :down:

Some guy outbid my original price though! :swearing:[/quote']

eBay is as dead as disco now, with regards to getting bargains.

It's all too easy to end up paying more just to outbid someone - especially around music or guitar-related products.

One recent example was a second-hand Boss ME-50 that went for £156+£15 p&p. A new one from GAK costs £159 + £10 p&p - go figure!!!

Legacy equipment sells for crazy money (especially amps). I got a fortune for a manky old Laney 100W Klipp - enough to by a 2-year-old JCM2000 TSL-100. The Marshall is a far superior amp. (IMHO).

But hey, it's the buyers perogative.

Anyway, happy hunting - I've got a few friends in the trade down in London, I'll ask them to keep an eye open for a VOX for you.

Guest MKII
Why the solid state ones? Everyone seems to go for the valve models.

They are unique amps in that they sound amazing(personal taste of course)' date=' despite being all solid state. Used by some big bands of the time, ie stones and the beatles, led zeppelin(allegedly on the 2nd album) and marc bolan - T.REX.

I hope I get outbid though, because I've found a place thats selling some for cheaper than my highest bid. o_O

Phillip

Thought you might be interested in the post from the Les Paul Forum re Cream with a solid state Vox:

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111634

The link just takes me to a log in page.

They are unique amps in that they sound amazing(personal taste of course), despite being all solid state. Used by some big bands of the time, ie stones and the beatles, led zeppelin(allegedly on the 2nd album) and marc bolan - T.REX.

I like AC 30's but then again, they can be a bit 'like it or leave it' sounding. Unless you use effects which then takes away the tone you liked in the first place. A friend of mine had a old tranny vox and it sounded good.

Guest DustyDeviada
The link just takes me to a log in page.

Ah, could be a "members only" page.

Basically it was a thread about Clapton using a solid state Vox with Cream.

Guest MKII
Ah' date=' could be a "members only" page.

Basically it was a thread about Clapton using a solid state Vox with Cream.[/quote']

On Disraeli Gears, the song Dance the Night Away perhaps? Or during their first American dates with The Who/Murray the K?

Or, maybe they thinks it's the strange lead sound on Strange Brew etc?

Do tell...

Guest MKII
Bingo' date=' that was the best guess. Although somebody thought it was actually a valve amp.

Here's the picture that was getting them wound up anyway.

[img']http://www.cream2005.com/images/photos/photo8_425x269.jpg

Hah, definitely looks like one of those Vox's, Clapton may be plugged in to the AC50/100 type amp just beside it though, or an amp out of picture.