aberdeen-music

Desperately Seeking Talented Bassist

SeaOfEnergy

Hello and welcome.

My band (Guitar ,Drums,Vocals) are desperately looking for a bassist with some technical ability(can play at speed and creatively etc) to join our ambitious Progressive Death outfit 'Cranial'. Influences are varied - Dying Fetus,Cannibal corpse,Nile, Tool,Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Kataklysm,Cryptopsy,The Doors,deicide.............. . We have much material and we've spent about 10 years working to get our sound so no timewasters, serious minded musicians only.

We want to get gigging and recording asap so if you like really fast heavy music with interesting progressive melodies(not like trivium or n e crap like that. No cheesy maiden harmonising here) give me a buzz and we can get togetha for jammin and that.

LONG LIVE THE UNDERGROUND

Guest Phantomsmasher
about 10 years working to get our sound so no timewasters' date=' serious minded musicians only. [/quote']

Ten years just to get yer sound right? I know taking your time with things is a prefered option, but isn't that a bit excessive?

:popcorn:

reason:- You Cant have a band with 1 guitar! i dont want to add another guitar and bassists with ability are all hiding or in bands. Also because we've discovered new styles of music as we've progressed and have either completely changed style or evolved every few years along the way.Now we have got to a point where our style is more focused and we can also play it accurately (i dont know if youve heard much extreme death,tech death or prog death but the ability of the musicians involved has to be of a pretty high standard to get the music over)

yeah and id also say that giving our band time to mature rather than just focusing on pumping out songs or gigging before we're ready has meant we have focused heavily on the quality of the music, i am mostly writing 'through composition' songs at the mo so this increases the complexity of putting the songs together.am sitting on an e.p worth of songs and have a rough demo without vocals available for any bassists interested(or n e 1 else 4 that matter).we're all 22 and we're looking to get this moving as soon as possible. have played a gig without bass but sound engineer was a lazy asshole so pretty balls sound but there you go.

hope some of this ramblin answers your question

:gringo: