aberdeen-music

Jose at Moshulu

spbear5

my two pence worth, a week and half later.....

- This was not a gig suited for Moshulu. Then again, is any gig suited for Moshulu? It took 15 mins to get a pint at the bar at the end of the second support bands set. (They were awesome by the way).

- There was a first support band? Oh.

- People that talk during acoustic sets = cunts.

- People that go to one gig a year = cunts.

- Was Jose actually there? I struggled to see him from 5 rows back. Surely a raised platform on stage would have rectified that. Or a bigger stool.

- Overpriced. Very overpriced. I saw him play virtually the same set supporting King Creosote at the Lemon Tree 6 months ago for a lot less.

- Back to point 1.......... Moshulu = shite for gigs.

Certain gigs surely?

Ok, fair point - it's been ok for some of the smaller gigs i've been at there (aliens, tears, dogs) but the sold out gigs i've seen (kt tunstall, jose) have been an absolute nightmare. the lack of a decent stage doesn't help, nor does the perpetual bottleneck at the door and you're pissing in the wind when it comes to getting a pint with only a few barstaff.

don't get me wrong, i'm happy that moshulu are putting on gigs but it's just not a great venue.