aberdeen-music

The Method CD

freddyboy

Bought a CD from One Up Records the other day, the store was playing it over the PA. What a cracking good sound these guys have, I believe they played at Drummonds once, about time they came back to Aberdeen again. Do yourselves a favour get down to One UP and tell me what you think. I tried to get a ticket to their next appearance but it was a sell out due to them supporting the awesome Biffy Clyro.

'The Method' are down to support 'Biffy Clyro' at the East Grange Loft in April.

You mean there's more, what is the name of the track you like and where can I get a copy.

The way the CD has been produced I thought maybe they had been signed, now I hear they are not.

FOR FUCKS SAKE SOMEONE GET THEM SIGNED BEFORE YOU MISS OUT.

Come on Aberdeen lets get the Method across to entertain us and lets see what all the fuss is about. Cmon the Method!!!

Hey that HUBL site is pretty cool too.

Shoes, what a funky tune, Convoy excellent. All their tunes are really original, and when you listen to the tunes constantly like i have recently they are very catchy. I would go so far as to say they would not be out of place on 'Big Boys Radio' Radio One. I hope they have submitted a CD to T in the park, I think they would go down a treat there.

They are an excellent band, our band has done a couple of gigs with them now and they are in my mind the kinda band that sets an example for how band should be in terms of tighteness, performance and having their own sound.

I listen to their EP lots and it one of the few CDs that I have that I guess has what you would call cross-over appeal, because even my girlfriend is really into their CD and she is more in pop music these days.

Which isnt a bad thing, they have a sound that anyone can listen to and it still maintains its integrity.

Why is it bands that sound good like 'The Method', play well, have original sound but never seem to get the breaks. Is it because nothing else exists beyond Watford? Is there nobody out there who will give our homegrown talent a chance?

I believe these questions have been answered a hundred times, but I feel quite strongly that we need a strong promoter up in the north of scotland to get the music out there. Or am I being a bit thick (please be gentle with your comments on that one).

Unfortunetly the Biffy tour has been cancelled so this Fridays support by the Method at the East Grange Loft Forres is also off. Maybe the support bands could hold the night themselves and have an open house pay on the door etc, that way I can see them live for the first time!!

Maybe they will include that tune on their next EP or full album.

Will they be playing in Aberdeen does anyone know?

Is anyone prepared to let them play in Aberdeen?

I know they have supported Cosmic Rough Riders, Grim Northern Social, the Vaults, and soon Biffy Clyro etc so they can't be that bad.

• 2 months later...

God dammit!! Just heard that the Method were part of the HUBL Invasion playing at Drakes the other night, and I missed them whats the world coming to. Big up to Drakes for getting them over any chance of a repeat performance. I did hear also that the other bands that HUBL brought over were not too shabby either.

Please lets get them back.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey glad to see The Method getting a mention. They are a terrific band in need of a serious fanbase; looks like it's starting to happen anyway. I have the CD too! My favorite track is "Tell The Story". I also went to see them at the loft with Biffy and they played a great set so well done guys and keep it up!

P.S - Rumour has it we could be playing a gig with them soon! (www.thegen.tk)

• 5 weeks later...

RAAR (www.raar.co.uk)

with support from:

Small Enclosed Area

The Method (announced as The Special Guests)

Kobi

Friday 10th September, Lemon Tree, Aberdeen

Doors 9pm / Onstage 9.30 pm

5 (3.25 concessions & regulars)

Drinks promos: selected bottles 1.50 / selected shots 1.00

Just to mention that tickets are also available from the support bands so please email any of the following for tickets:

email@method-band.co.uk

kobimusic@yahoo.co.uk

smallenclosedarea@hotmail.com

You can also get them in person from any of the band members or phone 07762892118 and ask for Steve.

We can send tickets by post if required.