aberdeen-music

Swing/Jazz/Blues Band Anyone? or Sheet Music Help?

PaulDW

Hi there,

Just putting an idea out there..

I am looking about trying to put a wee ensemble together of mixed ages young and old, and of many different instruments, to play some music in the vein of Sinatra/Rat Pack, Some stuff from the musicals, a little jazz, even some blues. I am primarily a singer, and have access to some odds and ends of music, although any help on this front and on the organising front would be helpful!

It would require one practice a week possibly, and gigs would be mixed I guess... JUst if there is any interest in maybe putting something like this together let me know.

NO timewasters please... Looking for committed, confident musicians to put together an exciting band to hopefully play at a variety of private and public occasions.

PS: If anybody knows of a jazz/swing/blues band looking for a singer or welcome to singers, please can you let me know? Cheers

Hi, don't know if this is any good to you, but I have some Sinatra sheet music, a knowledge of the subject second to none, and a willingness and ability to sing a variety of this type of stuff well. However, other than rhythm guitar, I don't play any instruments. I would be very interested to hear from you if you think I could help.

Im afraid I am looking more for instrumentalists more than anything as I am a singer myself... If you have any old or duplicatre sheet music you would be willing to seel then please let me know though. Cheers for replying though..