aberdeen-music

Lunar Tunes set for the Radio

Rasputin

Following News taken from there website: -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well lunarloons and lunarchics what a month November has been, typically the most depressing month of the year it has been a pretty exciting one for lunar.

The big news is that after winning the BBC radio competition we headed off across the sea to Skye and spent three days recording our new demo with Steve Levine who flew up from London. We recorded at the Vital Spark studios and while they hadn't really recorded many full bands there it was a well equipped studio with the most amazing view over the desk (check out the new pictures) http://www.lunarhq.co.uk. We were there during the 90 mph gales which made things just a little more exciting !!

They were three pretty long days but we all left happy with the sounds and Steve Levine really brought a lot of experience to the session which helped no end. In fact it's the first time I could genuinely say I've enjoyed recording.

So we recorded the song that got us noticed " Nothing that I'm meant to be" and "California Sun". Richard rose to the challenge by playing both tracks to a click, which made the job of recording so much easier for everyone else, Ross got on quietly and coolly and got the takes in , some awesome Wah action was experienced, Steve reached new heights with some beach boy style harmonies on California Sun and my vocals were the best I've put down to date but I'm also slowly learning the trick with recording vocals and am learning new things all the time.

So as you can probably tell we're pretty psyched about the whole thing and desperate to hear how it all sounds mixed down. So me and Steve are heading down to London next weekend to mix the songs and hopefully come home with the finished articlewe'll let you know what happens so watch this space.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve levine has said he wants to ge them on BBC radio....he is quite a well connected man. Neil told me Steve Levine had some amusing stories about Simon Cowell...better not say anything here in case I get done for Slander....LOL