aberdeen-music

Esmono 2.8 x 2 x 2m soundproof booth for sale

rhmckay

Ok, I doubt anybodylocal's going to have the money kicking about for this, as I did sacrifice an arm and a leg to pay for it, but I'm not getting the use out of it that I thought I would. I thought you guys should get first shout before I advertise this nationally.

This is a 1 year old soundproof booth manufactured in Holland by Esmono ideal for recording drums, guitars, vocals and for practice without being a noisy neighbour. You can fit a 4 piece band with drums and amps into this baby (5 at a slight squeeze). The booth takes 2-3 hours to construct from steel panels with 2 materials within (one for absorbing the sound and the second for stopping dead what gets through) and with expanding foam.

There's lots more details at the website of the UK distributors Studiospares ( www.studiospares.com)

I bought it for 5,500 so I'd be looking for around 4 grand for it (not including transport costs). Like I said, I doubt anybody local would be interested AND have the cash available but hey, who knows...

Kills the soundwaves dead, perfect for recording. The size of my one easily incorporates a many tommed and cymballed drum kit. There is an active ventilator which actively sucks air out and another that passively lets air in. It's that serious re: airtightness. I could go on but you'll know it all already as it's all on the Studiospares site. I guess the advantage of this is that you're guaranteed the soundproofing as opposed to spending just as much on soundproofing an existing room and it all going pearshaped because the soundwaves escape in a minute area you hadn't originally considered. As regards practising, if a whole band plays inside the booth, you hear what sounds like a band a few streets away. If you go outside the room in which you have the booth, the only way you'll hear anything at all is if you are very quiet and listen at the door.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...