aberdeen-music

synth question

Noir

Guest lime ruined my life

the alesis micron is the other option, i weighed up all 3 and got the alesis, 2nd hand for 200. It has full size keys, loads of filters (based on moog roland and loads of other classic synths), it has a really good drum machine, loads of good effects and post tools etc. the only down side is it takes ages to program things with it, which is really quite a large downside.

the micron is also well built, much better so than the micro korg. The k station does look good too, but it wasnt for me.

the microkorg has some good sound capabilities, but anything it can do the alesis can do, and probably the k station too. Although i think the alesis has the best drum machine capabilities.

Basically it's down to price, apearance, ease of use and personal preference. They all do the same thing.

do they all have drum machines?

i like the look of the novation cos it has so many nobs to play with, i have a korg keyboard which is a bitch to programme cos it only has buttons.

but the korg looks cool too, with the mic and everything.

i think my mate might have the alessis, i'll speak to him.

hmm......

thinking to do

Guest lime ruined my life

all have drum machine - no

the alesis also has that vocoder feature, you just need to plug your own mic/instrument into it. it is a bitch to program though.