aberdeen-music

NME awards

Paranoid Android

but it was the way sutherland arse licked them as if they were gods and the only band on this earth that pissed me off.

in fact i was so angry that i wrote to nme for the first time in my life, they didn't print my letter but did print other peoples who had the same view.

it was lazy arse licking selling papers journalism

Guest stuartmaxwell

i wrote to them once about their great lack of live reviews in aberdeen and lack of coverage of scottish bands, like fuck it was gonna get printed!!

low and behold 3 years on, and they are heralding dull-as-dishwater glasgow bands as the saviours of rock

give me a fucking break

Originally posted by Zombie Re-Munched:

The only relevance they have is to the advertisers and promoters keeping their publication afloat............ but now its become highly affected by the money of the advertisers.

Put it this way, i can remember a time when writers like Steven Wells, David Quantick or Johnny Cigarettes would've ripped shit like The Darkness or Kings Of Leon apart, nowadays there's no-one like them guys, just a bunch of poshkids trying to replicate Lester Bangs' style of writing, its hilariously patronising and thats the only entertaining thing about it all, the fact that its become everything you thought it would never become.

They just seem to jump at every whim of the record companies now, everything they write is supremely affected by them.......revenue.

yup

which is exactly why you daft NME junkies should cease procurement of said comic.....do you realise you are propping up the very thing you supposedly detest by buying it each week....if you keep buying corrupted media they will keep selling to ya and nothing will ever change

if you support the mainstream and the underground will stay dead forever

NME might have had some integrity years ago and been a decent read too....but its been smash hits V2.0 for fucking years now