aberdeen-music

Anyone going to the Edinburgh Film Festival?

rufus13th

Anyone going to the Edinburgh Film Festival? - Land of the Dead World Premier!

I'm going. It gives you a good chance to see films that everyone else will be raving about in 1 or 2 years time.

The highlight I think is gonna be...

George A. Romero's Land of the Dead (International Premiere)

This is so eagerly awaited. Romero's 4th film in the 'Dead' series - tickets are selling out fast.

Also gonna check out a rare screening of...

Dominion: Prequel to Exorcist

Paul Schrader directed Dominion: Prequel to Exorcist. However the executives were not pleased with the psychological thriller approach - they wanted more MTV style nu-ass cheap scares so hired Renny Harlin to give the movie a good raping. The end product is the pile of turd known as Exorcist: The Beginning.

Now for the first (and only) time in the UK, Dominion will be shown in its original form. Reviews have been positive, saying that it's a very decent psychological horror. Considering that the film will never get a commerical release, this is your one and only time to see it - unless you can make your way to another film festival.

Other films I'm seeing

36 Quai des Orfvres

Bittersweet Life

The Moustache

P

And hopefully Serenity - the movie version of that TV sci-fi series Firefly.

Also all the directors, actors n stuff will be there. Eliija Wood for example will be promoting his new film about English football hooligans.