aberdeen-music

Reccommend me something

Guest Scott 5FD

Guest Scott 5FD

can anyone reccommend me some drum 'n' bass/hip hop/dub with a sorta punky/political vibe?

something like 'Dub No.4' on Civil Disobedients by CapDown or 'Eat The Meek (Dub Mix)' by NOFX.

i'd prefer it to have vocals, but instrumental is cool too.

Guest Scott 5FD

are CDs by these guys easily available? and cheap?

i don't want to spend too much on something i might not like, i'm just interested in getting into different types of music.

maybe a sampler CD or compilation might be good?

also, i should add the Transplants to the examples given in my first post.

anything else around that sounds similar?

Guest babyshambles

DJ Format; ie. Ill Culinary Behaviour, Vicious battle raps, Last bong in Brighton,(right up your street dub no4 capdown stylish), Little bit of soul.

While you're there; The Virus; Todays Rebellion Tomorrows Freedom, Still Fighting For A future, Looks Like Trouble, Battles (anything you can find basically, I had to mail order 3 vinyls and 2 cd's from America, so good luck)

Two Days by 10 Easy Wishes

See yah!

• 2 weeks later...

i know it may not the poilitcal sorta thing that u r looking for, but mos def stuff is good, and talib kweli, the stuff is quite readily available and cheap, really advise u give it a listen. or even try e-z rollers-walk this land, song has a great bass line in it.