aberdeen-music

Yamaha Tenori-On 500

switch4

More info:

TENORI-ON - Yamaha Global Gateway

Item like new, no scratches, dents etc. Comes with PSU, manual, original box.

Local pick-up only. No offers and no time wasters, please.

PM me or send me email on miotk.m@gmail.com

Media artist Toshio Iwai and Yamaha have collaborated to design a new digital musical instrument for the 21st century, TENORI-ON. A 16x16 matrix of LED switches allows everyone to play music intuitively, creating a "visible music" interface.

The Tenori-On is a revolutionary new concept, and is not only a very useful and versatile tool for professional musicians and producers, but also a fantastic instrument for those who never thought they could play anything, due to it's "visible music" interface.

TENORI-ON Modes

The TENORI-ON 16 x 16 LED button matrix is simultaneously a performance input controller and display. By operating and interacting with the LED buttons and the light they produce you gain access to the TENORI-ON's numerous performance capabilities.

The TENORI-ON provides six different performance and sound/light modes for broad performance versatility, and these modes can be combined and used simultaneously for rich, complex musical expression.

LAYERS

TENORI-ON layers can be thought of as performance parts or recording tracks. The TENORI-ON has a total of 16 layers. Separate notes and voices can be assigned to each layer, and all layers can be played together in synchronization.

The 16 layers are divided into six performance mode groups as shown in the illustration below. The six modes have different note entry methods and operation. Up to 16 layers created using different modes can be combined for rich, complex musical expression.

BLOCKS

One complete set of 16 layers is called a block.

The TENORI-ON can store up to 16 programmed blocks (16-layer groups) in memory, and you can switch from block to block instantly during performance.

You could, for example, create a musical composition in one block, then copy that composition to another block and edit it to create a variation of the original composition. Or you can load a number of previously-created compositions into separate blocks from an SD Memory Card and switch between them to create variation during playback.

It is a lot of fun.It takes 5-10 minutes to figure it out, without manual.I can't think of any other hardware instrument that give you so nice visual feedback of what you're doing.As a live instrument, well it was created with this purpose in mind. You can check youtube videos -i think they are kind of boring. Probably the best way is to use it with external instruments (as a sequencer, synced drum machine or just mixed with live instruments. It likes slower genres -IDM, dub, trip-hop, experimental -you name it. And it's perfect sketchpad for throwing in ideas, beats etc wherever you are.

It is a lot of fun.It takes 5-10 minutes to figure it out, without manual.I can't think of any other hardware instrument that give you so nice visual feedback of what you're doing.As a live instrument, well it was created with this purpose in mind. You can check youtube videos -i think they are kind of boring. Probably the best way is to use it with external instruments (as a sequencer, synced drum machine or just mixed with live instruments. It likes slower genres -IDM, dub, trip-hop, experimental -you name it. And it's perfect sketchpad for throwing in ideas, beats etc wherever you are.

Yeah, was considering it as an option a little while ago. If I had a spare 500 I'd definitely be on it like a flash as I seem to be developing a slight synth collecting obsession. I think I've really spent my budget on toys for this year, don't want to end up on spendaholics and having to sell all of my lovely toys. My mate might be interested so I will pass on the link to him tonight and see what he says!

Yeah, was considering it as an option a little while ago. If I had a spare 500 I'd definitely be on it like a flash as I seem to be developing a slight synth collecting obsession. I think I've really spent my budget on toys for this year, don't want to end up on spendaholics and having to sell all of my lovely toys. My mate might be interested so I will pass on the link to him tonight and see what he says!

I fully understand you, I stopped buying synth few months ago and started selling ( 4 mono analogs in last few weeks) but..it's like drugs..you want more and more :-) even now i'm thinking about replacing my small genelecs with something bigger.. and I know that i don't need it and can't afford it. Thanks for passing the link.