aberdeen-music

BRW002 I Concur - Lucky Jack/Build around me 7" out 10-03-08

Brew Records

m_c92575e4e078352076d63a2d0735e744.jpg

The new double a-side from I Concur, 'Lucky Jack/Build Around Me', will be released by Brew Records on 10th March '08. It will be available on 7"vinyl and iTunes download. This is extra special for us guys as it's our first vinyl release. Wait til you hear the tracks. They sounds massive!

We'll be putting on a very special launch gig with the lovely forest of sound at the Brudenell in Leeds on the 8th March. As well I Concur you'll also be able to see the superb Her Name Is Calla, Wintermute and The Pattern Theory. You'll also be able to get the single early on the night...

ICONCURSINGLELAUNCH8THMARCH.jpg

To pre-order the single just click one of the "Buy Now" buttons on our myspace. You can also listen to both tracks in full. Also if you pre-order this single you will receive a free remix of Lucky Jack by Bracken.

early reviews in so far:

The Cuckoo Press

"Shades of Joy Division, MBV, GY!BE, and instrumental early Electrelane sweep and build in Lucky Jack, which goes beyond typical post-rock offerings with a clever 'math-sy' breakdown a-la Leeds counterparts O Fracas, and melancholic vocals straight down the shoegaze line.

Build Around Me has the atmospherics and well formedness of an Interpol hit, yet with lyrics focussed on the Moors. The shape of the song is a bleak and made of damp heather. To use Interpol as a reference seems an almost slight, given the technical skill of the multiple guitar lines, yet the restrained and almost subtle nature of this oddly massive sound is something that can only be praised at the highest level. The crafting of this song is immense."

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some lovely press so far:

"To use Interpol as a reference seems an almost slight, given the technical skill of the multiple guitar lines, yet the restrained and almost subtle nature of this oddly massive sound is something that can only be praised at the highest level. The crafting is immense."

The Cuckoo Press

"This is musical storytelling on a par with iLiKETRAiNS, but rather than merely providing a snapshot it tells the whole tale. With last year's EP I Concur raised more than a few eyebrows, and with this release they look set to do so again."

Sandman

"Rising Leeds band I Concur keep the flag flying for new, leftfield music and create a mellow, menacing sense of excitement with their sweeping floods of enigmatic guitar work highbrow lo-fi anyone?"

Manchester Music

"Suitably moving mixture of ethereal guitars and slow building rhythms, all circling that haunting melody"

Subba-Cultcha "Single of the Month"

"Citing God Speed! You Black Emperor, as well as Jonny Greenwood and Thom Yorke as influences probably explains why those guitars are straining at the bit to want to reach out into those far away undiscovered sound spaces - all moody and brooding."

Music News

I Concur - Lucky Jack/Build Around Me - out today on lovely 7" vinyl and download (iTunes, 7 digital)

Available in Crash Records, Jumbo Records, Norman Records in Leeds and from MySpace.com - Brew Records I Concur single out now! - UK - Progressive / Progressive / Progressive - www.myspace.com/brewrecords

and also Rough trade shops in London, Piccadilly- Manchester, Avalanche - Glasgow, Rounder - Brighton, Sister Ray - London, Spillers -Cardiff, Selectadisc - Nottingham, Action - Preston, Edgeworld - Brighton, HMV - Oxford Circus

"New single from the Leeds based band and some ambitious anthemic atmospheric indie rock that bases Sigur Ros style guitar drama around some understated Northern English indieness. " Organ Magazine

"Shades of Joy Division, MBV, GY!BE, and instrumental early Electrelane sweep and build in Lucky Jack, which goes beyond typical post-rock offerings with a clever 'math-sy' breakdown a-la Leeds counterparts O Fracas, and melancholic vocals straight down the shoegaze line." The Cuckoo Press

"I Concur create a mellow, menacing sense of excitement with their sweeping floods of enigmatic guitar work highbrow lo-fi anyone ?" Manchester Music

"I CONCUR have hit something here that really rings clear and true. I keep hearing them on the radio and find that, for once, my own taste is in good company: other people, it seems, like them as much as I do. Their soundscapes plunder guitarish Americana, epic Norse shimmers and English odd-ball songwriting, mashing them all as their own distinctive brew." 8/10 Whisperin & Hollerin

The band are also recording a session for BBC Radio 1 at the end of the month at Maida Vale studios.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

you can still buy this through our myspace

MySpace.com - Brew Records I Concur single out now! - UK - Progressive / Progressive / Progressive - www.myspace.com/brewrecords or if you're in Scotland it's on sale at Avalanche (Glasgow).

Also you can visit the bands myspace to hear "able archer" which was recently recorded at maida vale for Radio 1

MySpace.com - i concur - Leeds, UK - Alternative / Shoegaze / Americana - www.myspace.com/iconcurband