aberdeen-music

Boss GT8 Help!!!!

jaimi

Right I have a Boss GT8, and I have found something that is annoying the crap out of me.

I have a patch set-up that I want to have reverb assigned to the CTL pedal. The probleme is that every time I push the CTL both reverb and delay come on. I have tried to turn the delay off but this only seems to swap from "Delay off, Reverb on" to "Delay on, Reverb off".

The only solution I have found is to turn the delay setting down. But the fact the light is still there is annoying:swearing: :swearing: :swearing: :swearing:. It's like it's mocking me :finger: .

Before anyone asks I have read the novel of a manual, to no avail.

Any Ideas???????

Guest Bob Double Jack

Try pressing the delay button til it goes off, and then write it to the patch. that worked with my GT6

avoid the manual! ! trial and error works best.

I used to copy patches to empty banks to fart about with them and then copy them back so i didn't lose my settings.

hope this helps.

Hey don't know if you have sorted that already but press the variable button next to assign, you can quick assign 8 different effects, sounds like you have a quick assign set to delay and ctr pedal. I'm going to get a usb to midi cable today so i can connect to the free gt editor software, edit all patches on the computer and download other peoples settings, sounds good eh. good luck

Hey don't know if you have sorted that already but press the variable button next to assign, you can quick assign 8 different effects, sounds like you have a quick assign set to delay and ctr pedal. I'm going to get a usb to midi cable today so i can connect to the free gt editor software, edit all patches on the computer and download other peoples settings, sounds good eh. good luck

Yeah I tried posting last night about getting this sorted. Found how to sort it a couple of days ago. where can I get this Free GT editor?

You can get it from Welcome to Boss GT Central

I got the Mistar Midilink cable for 29.99. I'v just got it setup, i don't know about midi & i didn't realize, IN goes into OUT & OUT goes into IN, apart from that very easy to set up & use, i'v got some great sounds, check out these sites for patch files.

Boss GT-8 Files

TheStompBox.Net > PatchXchange

Look into, it is definitly worth it, makes it alot easier & quicker to edit sounds.

Let me know if you get it sorted or have any problems.