aberdeen-music

The Mob - May Inspire Revolutionary Acts

David Insurrection

Guest Steven Dedalus

Erm...I had to review this for a music magazine.

I thought it was fairly terrible. I mean, it was ok in places, but who were they trying to kid? The likelihood of them inspiring revolutionary acts is about the same as me giving birth to a dinosaur.

Erm...I had to review this for a music magazine.

I thought it was fairly terrible. I mean, it was ok in places, but who were they trying to kid? The likelihood of them inspiring revolutionary acts is about the same as me giving birth to a dinosaur.

Please do not judge them on the basis of this release alone. Instead suggest you pick up a copy of discog CD Let The Tribe Increase. Folks can check 'em out here: MySpace.com - The Mob - UK - Punk - www.myspace.com/themobfansite

But regarding the band's impact? They were, with Crass, Poison Girls, Conflict, and Flux Of Pink Indians, one the scene's most popular acts and whose work and music would inspire many.

Guest Steven Dedalus

Aye, I know the history of the band, but I just thought it was a bit misguided that they thought they could inspire 'change' - be it political or personal - through the medium of badly played, fairly tuneless punk rock.

Don't get me wrong, I actually quite enjoyed it in places, but was a bit suspicious of it in the long run.

Aye, I know the history of the band, but I just thought it was a bit misguided that they thought they could inspire 'change' - be it political or personal - through the medium of badly played, fairly tuneless punk rock.

Don't get me wrong, I actually quite enjoyed it in places, but was a bit suspicious of it in the long run.

I do not think for a moment that Mark and co believed what they were doing was in any way revoultionary or would inspire many thousands of people not only in this country but across the world, but the fact is it did. The impact of said community is still being felt today.

Guest Steven Dedalus

Ach, I know what you mean, but I do believe those guys did want to change things (that's what all their songs are about, mainly) and I don't think that kind of music was the way to go.

There's a few good tunes on it though (I listened back to it again today...)

Ach, I know what you mean, but I do believe those guys did want to change things (that's what all their songs are about, mainly) and I don't think that kind of music was the way to go.

There's a few good tunes on it though (I listened back to it again today...)

Indeed. The recordings are quite rough it's true, but I think really capture the spirit of the time. The liner notes by Kill Your Pet Puppy man Alistair Livingstone make this release that bit more special too. And for more information about KYPP visit kill your pet puppy