aberdeen-music

Looking for a guitarist and a bassist to make climate change happen...

afurnishedsoul

Hey,

Al and myself, that is Jeff, are trying to form a new band. At the moment we're practicing as a two-piece, drums and guitar. We're working on two songs right now, one bordering on octave-chord-driven (post-)hardcore (as opposed to mttllcore), the other one being a bit mellower, but with a bit of a gloomy feel to it. I guess influences make things easier (though this is by no means definitive or 100% accurate), so i'll just drop a few names: Fugazi, Slint, Helmet, Ten Volt Shock, Miniwatt, quiet Shellac songs, etc...

We're both in our final year here in Aberdeen, so this isn't your next band that wants to make it big, f*** loads of groupies and spend the next five years touring up and down the country. We want to practice regularly and be able to play gigs at some point, but it's mostly about having fun and doing something together. Maybe adding political content to our songs also. At the moment we're using the name 'Climate Change is Happening...' to fetch everyone's attention. We might keep it, or we might change it if the future bandmembers disapprove...

So if you think that'd be your kind of thing, musically and approach-wise, pm me or reply to this thread and we can get together for a pint/orange juice. It'd be cool to get this thing going :)

Thanx for reading this, have a good day...