aberdeen-music

People wanted. For playing drums and vocal chords and suchlike

aint_it_fun

Yeh, that's exactly right, Johnny's Funky Kollosus are currently looking for people to drum and vocalise for us. Don't take this the wrong way - we don't want you to be our slaves or anything - we probably won't force you to drum or sing too often, and we will share our profits with you. Well, we'll probably be sharing more costs that profits really... but anyhow, it would be really lovely if anyone wanted to play drums or sing for us.

At the moment there are only 3 of us - 2 guitarists and ME, the keyboardist. Though really I'm only in the band because my dashing good looks attract many groupies to our gigs. I may grudgingly agree to share some with other band members.

So, at the moment we sound like two guitarists and a keyboardist mashing our instruments with no rhythm or direction or anything. But once we have some more peoples in the band, we would rather like to sound a bit prog. Something like Genesis or Dream Theater or Pink Floyd or King Crimson. I think Johnny would like to sound more jazz than that, but his opinion doesn't really matter because I'm the one who is writing the ad. We're really aiming for classical/jazz influenced prog.

It would be really nice if we had a recording that you could listen to and decide whether our band is worthy of your mighty talents, but we don't have any. Well we do, but we don't talk about them much. However, you CAN listen to me playing stuff on my keyboard at http://www.purevolume.com/richant it's not really related to what we want the band to sound like though - there will be more drums, and words, and guitars. But the keyboards may well sound a little bit like that.

If you Still want to join our band, you can pm me or email me or something. We're all 17 but we don't really mind how old anyone else is. We all like pizza but it doesn't really matter if you do or not, just as long as you are prepared to potentially go to pizza hut before and after gigs. They do ice cream and salads and things too though.

Lots of love,

Your darling keyboardist

Richant

• 2 weeks later...