aberdeen-music

Swap my jazz for a precision

GraemeC

Since you are desperate for some replies, I'll punt this one. I'm up in Forres, playing Yamaha basses for years, but bought a couple of other basses before XMas, one of which is an Ibanez Blazer , MIJ, natural finish, one piece maple neck, in very good condition beyond the odd ding on the back, and a little bit of discolouration in the brass bridge and brass knobs. It's dated 1981, comes with original case ( a bit battered), and plays very nicely. Lightweight body, lots of bite and growl, neck is quite deep but very well balanced. On the web many people rave about these, mainly the people who have them! 

The other bass I bought was actually a no name Jap Jazz bass copy, probably same vintage, nice maple neck with black blocks. Body is ply, and I put a Seymour Duncan Basslines pickup in bridge position, but it's turned out nice as well, after I shimmed the neck a bit. I mention it in passing, since you already have a jazz bass. 

I bought the two from a lady in Lossie, who could no longer play herself. She had her own bass, and some she had inherited from her dad, including a Shergold Marathon and a Guild. I hope 

Anyway, a reply, and food for thought!

Regards

Nigel

• 2 weeks later...