aberdeen-music

Foyerlive @ the Tunnels, April 8th

calum

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah thats what i thought. its fair enough ppl are allowed not to like bands.

yup exactly dont worry about it your never going to please everyone.

personally i thought you guys were ok i expected worse from what id heard. Good drummer and some solid songs just work at it a bit more and you'll come on fine. I was really impressed with the singer as well actually come to think of it he had a strong voice. You opened the gig really well i mean in terms of performance and what have you, you seemed to have a good few people on your side during the gig anyway so yeh dont worry about what is said on here.

Point taken Magik, I just think he was a bit harsh in saying we didn't perform well. It would be fair enough if he simply did not like the music. Anyway we should always stick up for our band and always remain confident; thats the key. And about old Bethers, i was just making the point that she was a good drummer and not just "for a chick" or whatever. Not that you really said that old friend.

peace and love

My critique:

Schmuk- Very good, levels were a bit off but singer has a very good voice and makes use of his vocal range very well. Plus as an added bonus they actually have some well written songs to back up the other good points. i was led to believe they would be crap and was pleasently surprised.

Stayover- Arghhhhhhhh, Bob will you please do something with your guitar tone. all i really wanna do when you play is come up on stage and twiddle with your knobs :D to say it's rank is an understatement. I really like the two new songs and i like your overall command of the stage. like all bands you have your cringeworthy moments but you get better each time i see you.

My Downfall- a fair bit of potential, yet again odd guitar levels but i liked the guitar work. it will take some time for stuff to come together properly and for you guys to loose your mini-thrice/alkaline trio tag but as long as you keep working at it hard the only way is up.

in all this was a good gig, well worth the surprisingly low door tax of 1 and well put on by the tunnels/foyer.

i would indeed go and see all three bands again.

:up:

Stayover- Arghhhhhhhh' date=' Bob will you please do something with your guitar tone. all i really wanna do when you play is come up on stage and twiddle with your knobs :D to say it's rank is an understatement. I really like the two new songs and i like your overall command of the stage. like all bands you have your cringeworthy moments but you get better each time i see you.[/quote']

Yes, what I'll do is put myself behind the sound desk while simultaneously playing the gig to ensure that my guitar sounds exactly how I want it.

Yes' date=' what I'll do is put myself behind the sound desk while simultaneously playing the gig to ensure that my guitar sounds exactly how I want it.[/quote']

its sounded rank at all the venues you've played man. sorry, but it has. plus as an added bonus it really sounded like your amp mighta been fucked on friday?

Guest Startex
Yes' date=' what I'll do is put myself behind the sound desk while simultaneously playing the gig to ensure that my guitar sounds exactly how I want it.[/quote']

Here we go again. The blame for a bands sound being wrong is of course always with the person at the desk.

Perhaps the PA should just be used to amplify the sounds you are giving it?... err.... hang on.... it is!

Here we go again. The blame for a bands sound being wrong is of course always with the person at the desk.

Perhaps the PA should just be used to amplify the sounds you are giving it?... err.... hang on.... it is!

No, I'm not blaming the person at the desk at all, you've totally misunderstood me. What I'm saying is that from onstage it's difficult to tell how the guitar sounds outfront and modify it accordingly.

Guest stuartmaxwell

the time i seen you it did sound a bit crappy

i think you need to keep the bass, scoop the mid, but give a fair bit of treble and play with your strat pickup switch closest to the fretboard. it needs to sound fatter and more clinical due to the fact that you are a three piece and you play a lot of bassy notes. your problem is that there is no clarity in those notes. it may also be a shite amp/guitar pickups.

but what the hell do i know??

the time i seen you it did sound a bit crappy

i think you need to keep the bass' date=' scoop the mid, but give a fair bit of treble and play with your strat pickup switch closest to the fretboard. it needs to sound fatter and more clinical due to the fact that you are a three piece and you play a lot of bassy notes. your problem is that there is no clarity in those notes. it may also be a shite amp/guitar pickups.

but what the hell do i know??[/quote']

I'll try it.