Epi Zakk Wylde for sale

HateEvent

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DustyDeviada

Yuk, that truly is horrible.

I wouldn't buy a Zakk Wylde model either, but my 04 Les Paul Standard dumps all over that horrible, 80s throwback Ibanez from a great height. :up:

Bruce Millers' date=' Aberdeens biggest music shop which didnt have any guitar cases when I was last in :down:[/quote']

I work there, what was it and I'll tell you if we've got it. Hiscox?

God Millers gets such a bad press on here! hahaha. Most of it probably deserved, but when you've been on both sides of the fence it kinda opens your eyes a little....

Ask instore for "forum discount" :D

Guest DustyDeviada

The prices in Bruce Millers are daft, but then so are R&B. Last few years I've bought my guitars in Glasgow (Merchant City Music are great), London (Can't beat Peter Cooks, and they have a great mail order service) or the states.

The Les Pauls in Bruce Millers are marked up at something like 1800 aren't they? You could probably haggle a few hundred off, but I was just over a grand for mine in the states and it has a much nicer top than anything I've seen in Millers.

The prices in Bruce Millers are daft' date=' but then so are R&B. Last few years I've bought my guitars in Glasgow (Merchant City Music are great), London (Can't beat Peter Cooks, and they have a great mail order service) or the states.

The Les Pauls in Bruce Millers are marked up at something like 1800 aren't they? You could probably haggle a few hundred off, but I was just over a grand for mine in the states and it has a much nicer top than anything I've seen in Millers.[/quote']

You forget that R&B and Millers are independent music stores. We got a couple of Les Pauls in, but we can't offer the same discount that big chains and internet stores can offer when they buy 7 million guitars on bulk orders. Haggling is part of the business, yes. Wouldnt you rather support somewhere local? But if you can get it cheaper, great. I just hate pricks who come in and say "ooh i can get that cheaper elsewhere". Fuck off then.

Guest DustyDeviada
Fuck off then.

Well' date=' as I've said, I do. The stores I mentioned, Merchant Cty Music and Peter Cooks are both small independent stores, not chains, but somehow they manage to come up with amazing prices. Seems that until recently Bruce Millers and R&B had a monopoly in Aberdeen and they were happy to keep prices high on that basis. Hopefully the introduction of Prosound to the equation will give them a kick up the arse.

BTW, here are the sites I mentioned:

[url']http://www.petercooks.co.uk

http://www.merchantcitymusic.co.uk

Well' date=' as I've said, I do. The stores I mentioned, Merchant Cty Music and Peter Cooks are both small independent stores, not chains, but somehow they manage to come up with amazing prices. Seems that until recently Bruce Millers and R&B had a monopoly in Aberdeen and they were happy to keep prices high on that basis. Hopefully the introduction of Prosound to the equation will give them a kick up the arse.

BTW, here are the sites I mentioned:

[url']http://www.petercooks.co.uk

http://www.merchantcitymusic.co.uk

I'll have a look. I didn't mean you to fuck off, just people who think they are smart. Prices are just recommended retail, so you really can't consider them high. It's what the manufacturer suggests. But by all means get a good deal, I know (as a customer this time) that I would do the same.

You forget that R&B and Millers are independent music stores. We got a couple of Les Pauls in' date=' but we can't offer the same discount that big chains and internet stores can offer when they buy 7 million guitars on bulk orders. Haggling is part of the business, yes. Wouldnt you rather support somewhere local?[/quote']

I'd like to support local business. But I dont like to support local businesses which dont value their customers. I'll think long and hard before I resort to buying anything big from Bruce Millers again.

And you dont need to be a huge internet chain to reduce your prices to reasonable levels, I saved over 100 on an amp buying online, now, what would it hurt to take 50-60 off the same amp, still make a HUGE profit on it and retain a lot of customers who would otherwise just naff off and buy it online?

Its like buying a coke for 1 from a bar. Supermarkets make a fairly honest profit out of selling the same cans for 35p, small vendors 50p, yet the bars charge between 90p and 1.20.

Difference is though, you cant go out to a bar and take your own coke, you can buy an amp from wherever you please, the local place that sees fit to charge you as much as they can or from further afield where they dont.