aberdeen-music

ska ska ska

scotchief

Guest Kevin Mulhern

In aberdeen?

I have to say that the ska scene in aberdeen does not pass the test.

I have been crying into my

skatissues.gif

for about a year.

I really like - Althea & Donna - Uptown Top Ranking

Guest scott cs.

i like lots of ska/reggae/dub.

if your into original ska get the Rough & Tough: The Story of Jamican Ska 1960-66 put out by Trojan Records. Ross lent me it, and its really good.

i could go into a tonne of bands i like and bands you should check out, but it would be boring :p go this this site instead - http://www.theska.co.uk/ plenty news and links and the like.

i wish solabeat alliance would reform.

And i want the specials to come up to aberdeen!! and madness!!

theres actually talk of a reunion tour for the specials with Jerry Dammers. I'd love to see that.

So the Specials and Madness are my all time faves. I'd love to see Bad Manners too...their always touring so someone should book them *plots*

Modern ska bands I like...well NOFX do ska pretty good, I really like RX Bandits, Mad Caddies, Potshot, Link 80, MU330 and a ton of the UK ska punk bands like Capdown, No Comply, Mafia vs Ninja, Bosseye, Sonic Boom Six, The Fillaments...Austria has some great bands too: Antimaniax, Jan feat UDSSR

check em all!

theres actually talk of a reunion tour for the specials with Jerry Dammers. I'd love to see that.

So the Specials and Madness are my all time faves. I'd love to see Bad Manners too...their always touring so someone should book them *plots*

Modern ska bands I like...well NOFX do ska pretty good' date=' I really like RX Bandits, Mad Caddies, Potshot, Link 80, MU330 and a ton of the UK ska punk bands like Capdown, No Comply, Mafia vs Ninja, Bosseye, Sonic Boom Six, The Fillaments...Austria has some great bands too: Antimaniax, Jan feat UDSSR

check em all![/quote']

UK has a thriving ska scene.

Howard's Alias but they are border line ska. wouldn't be fair to place them in a genre as such just that great.

All Ska is brilliant...If you're into stuff like less than jake/reel big fish etc., but are getting slightly bored and want something new then check out:

Big D & The Kids Table and Streetlight Manifesto to start off with, they will reconfirm your love for 3rd wave ska.. I here St. Light are playing Glasgow in April?

On the topic of the local ska scene Kevin, I'm in the Upstarts and we're back after a long break hoping to get back into the live music scene again now that we all live in Aberdeen. If you've heard us before, we have changed a lot since then, we're playing Kef this Fri supporting whitmore if you want to check us out.

Cheers, Steve

All Ska is brilliant...If you're into stuff like less than jake/reel big fish etc.' date=' but are getting slightly bored and want something new then check out:

[b']Big D & The Kids Table and Streetlight Manifesto to start off with, they will reconfirm your love for 3rd wave ska.. I here St. Light are playing Glasgow in April?

On the topic of the local ska scene Kevin, I'm in the Upstarts and we're back after a long break hoping to get back into the live music scene again now that we all live in Aberdeen. If you've heard us before, we have changed a lot since then, we're playing Kef this Fri supporting whitmore if you want to check us out.

Cheers, Steve

Big D and the Kids Table are fucking ace. People should def check them out.

I always thought Street Light Manifesto would be shit cos their on victory records but i see their touring with mu330 and voodoo glow skulls so perhaps i should check them out.

For all you people that like ska, make sure you get yourselves to Moorings Bar on 16th April for a top ska punk band, all the way from Lithuania called Dr Green! Should be amazing. More ska will be at moorings on 2nd July as we bring you Howard Alias and Sonic Boom Six (plus Vanilla Pod...holy shit, all on the same line-up...for only 6?!)

More ska will be at moorings on 2nd July as we bring you Howard Alias and Sonic Boom Six (plus Vanilla Pod...holy shit' date=' all on the same line-up...for only 6?!)[/quote']

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek :love:

We're going all round Scotland to see Howards Alias. I love my friends who drive!

W0000 I LOVE HOWARDS ALIAS ALSO!!!

ps - i have 'the answer' is never' date=' but i don;t have the other album, or the self release album.

Any ideas where i can get the other official realsed album without getting it over internet, does 1-up have it? cheers[/quote']

em yeah you can buy the chameleon script from http://inflammablematerial.co.uk/catalog/default.php infact you are able to buy a whole ton of c.d.s from there!!!! was you at their first and second gig...i was :rockon: