aberdeen-music

QUIK's return - YOU weren't there!

*Amy*

Picture the scene - Quik, 5 hardcore fans & the Lock-Up.

Last night the rock was brought. A lot. After the good things I'd heared about the new drummer Ian, I wasn't even that concerned about him having to fill in Ben's shoes. And for good reason. He was and is awesome! Playing with a different sound to Ben and with new drum parts, he fits in the band perfectly. We were treated to a beasting intro, a colossal In Dreams, And Hope To Die, Burning, a rather decent cover of Alkaline Trio's 'Private Eye', Point Blank and one and a half new songs - So Much For You and Futures (I'm sure those are the titles??). The new tunes are mighty, a much harcore, dirtier, metal sound to older stuff. I sat there with a permanent grin on my face. Truly magical stuff. :D

Seriously, if there's one thing you do this year, it should be to GO SEE QUIK!!

They will return in all their glory on the 17th of April at Moshulu with

the mighty PMX -everyone's favourite technical punks from Perth

Dirtbox - everyone's second-favourite punk band from Perth

and new skate punk metal rockers, think Rise Against / Strung Out.... At Long Last!

Be there or be square!

i know doc' date=' imagine being enthusiastic about a gig you went to but then putting in a spelling error when you try and write about it. that negates everything she's said. how could she![/quote']

:laughing:

touche salesman.

And Doc - Scorge had to correct you because you spelt your OWN BAND's name wrongly in a recent thread so having a go at Amy for putting in an extra 'e' by mistake is a tad pot 'n' kettle.

Quik definately haven't lost anything with the departure of Ben. They have picked up right where they left off and are ready to move ahead. Ian is an awesome drummer - really tight. Perhaps the only criticism is he needs to hit the drums a little harder (but thats just pit picking on my part). Cant wait to see what this year brings for them.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Kiss my ass.

There's so much shit in this world' date=' and you pick out spelling mistakes. My my, I wish I was you.[/quote']

Fucking get over yourself.

Guest crime-is-for-dorks
Fucking get over yourself.

Blah blah blah, nobody cares what you think, you're an ill-informed twat, a joke, a waste of fucking time...

Blah blah blah' date=' nobody cares what you think, you're an ill-informed twat, a joke, a waste of fucking time...[/quote']

hey... are you that guy from my mind's weapon who, at the recent fudge awards, made the fine observation that ''you are all a bunch of fucking cunts... you can suck my dick'' are you (can i say that... i didn't actually say it... it is a quote)... you have a way with words that would make a poet weep... well done you... ''informed twat....''.... well done!

Guest crime-is-for-dorks
hey... are you that guy from my mind's weapon who' date=' at the recent fudge awards, made the fine observation that ''you are all a bunch of fucking cunts... you can suck my dick'' are you (can i say that... i didn't actually say it... it is a quote)... you have a way with words that would make a poet weep... well done you... ''informed twat....''.... well done![/quote']

Apologies for not getting caught up in awe of the the 'local scene'. Incidentally, my higher English teacher said that I have the best use of vocabulary she'd ever seen...

Apologies for not getting caught up in awe of the the 'local scene'. Incidentally' date=' my higher English teacher said that I have the best use of vocabulary she'd ever seen...[/quote']

fair enough... (although i hope you don't use words like you have in this forum in class - filthy!)

:laughing:

touche salesman.

And Doc - Scorge had to correct you because you spelt your OWN BAND's name wrongly in a recent thread so having a go at Amy for putting in an extra 'e' by mistake is a tad pot 'n' kettle.

Swings and Roundabouts... at least I didn't respond to Scorge by saying this...

Kiss my ass.

There's so much shit in this world' date=' and you pick out spelling mistakes. My my, I wish I was you.[/quote']

Well you can get operations these days that might be exactly what you're looking for. You could probably get a willy really cheap in some crap hole Eastern European country!

But if you were me, then I'd be you, and I don't want to be a sarcastic, moaning twat.

Swings and Roundabouts... at least I didn't respond to Scorge by saying this...

Well you can get operations these days that might be exactly what you're looking for. You could probably get a willy really cheap in some crap hole Eastern European country!

But if you were me' date=' then I'd be you, and I don't want to be a sarcastic, moaning twat.[/quote']

you seem to be a bit of a troublemaker.