aberdeen-music

19/3: the rise of Ascension.

Guest Scorge Spike

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't make me resort to MMW tactics and post four other cheap threads explaining how you can get the 5' date='12 or 13 bus to the venue....;)[/quote']

3/10.

We've managed to fill up a 49 seater bus. It's tactics because it works.

Jamesy = the arsene wenger of Aberdeen music (he'd be that Chelsea cunt if he had the same sort of money)

I might add - I unfortunately can't make this gig because I am doing something infintely more metal....

...attending a celidh. d'oh.

Anyway - hope it goes well and I'll hopefully catch you next time.

Maybe not cos I'll get jealous of gregor (except of his hair) - I did last time, and that was about 3 fucking years ago! :D

i love a good celidh! I've always had dreams of a true folk metal band who could play Gay Gordons with power metal guitarwork hehe.

Have you seen his hair lately? Its insane, goes almost half way down his back!

And unfortunately, I have to play alongside him so my guitarwork looks like that of a blind monkey playing with his willy by comparison! Insane!

Medichi, i think there's been far worse misquotes than missing a smiley.

• 9 months later...
Right' date=' 5 says in 6-12 months, PowerMetal (or "BattleMetal" - see, it even has a stupid tag), will be ALL over Kerrang etc - even Metal Hammer had a Battle Metal CD last month!![/quote']

Just an update - did anyone read the Metal Hammer review of the new DragonForce CD this month? 9 months after my original post and they declare 2006 "The year powermetal breaks" - I look forward to getting my Hot Topic broadsword and Topshop Rhapsody shirt.....

Just an update - did anyone read the Metal Hammer review of the new DragonForce CD this month? 9 months after my original post and they declare 2006 "The year powermetal breaks" - I look forward to getting my Hot Topic broadsword and Topshop Rhapsody shirt.....

You seriously don't believe any shit you read in those magazines do you?

Even so, it's a shame the new album isn't very good.........

Dude i hate genre's also, i was just playing.

Power Metal however always makes me think of Dragonslaying, rhyming fire & Desire, and atrociously overblown choruses

Mind you in saying that, by that rule Iron Maiden could be called Powermetal, as most of their material is inspired by books and films, but i wouldn't call them Power metal either, just Heavy Metal.

I've gone cross-eyed.

God i hate pigeon-holing, lets just say we're black atom, that suits me way better ;)

Dude i hate genre's also' date=' i was just playing.

Power Metal however always makes me think of Dragonslaying, rhyming fire & Desire, and atrociously overblown choruses

Mind you in saying that, by that rule Iron Maiden could be called Powermetal, as most of their material is inspired by books and films, but i wouldn't call them Power metal either, just Heavy Metal.

I've gone cross-eyed.

God i hate pigeon-holing, lets just say we're black atom, that suits me way better ;)[/quote']

Fairynuff:up: