aberdeen-music

19/3: the rise of Ascension.

Guest Scorge Spike

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um...what now?

One Cd. Holy shit! And I didn't even say that I actually listen to it.

Well let me see. I also drink beer from time to time but does that make me an alcoholic?

And tell me Doc, do you HONESTLY own ANY albums at all other than power metal CDs... I bet you own the oasis records you indie kid! Don't tell me every bit of music you own is played by a band named after a lord of the rings chracter or a type of battle armour etc.

So anyway, yes back on topic. If I'm free I'll probably be at the gig. I actually listen to a surprising amount of metal in between writing poetry and trying on cardigans.

Spoonie buddy, i got dumped more than once and I don't own and "bages"... ;)

(ironically I did listen to the FFAF CD the other day for the first time since it's month of release and there's some good songs there. Also a few pish ones but nevermind. the last song they wrote "10 scene points for the winner" is actually probably infinitely more metal than half the stuff you listen to anyway)

And anyway, FFAF are about as emo as dragonforce are battle metal if we're getting into the ins and outs of sub-genres.

So anyway' date=' yes back on topic. If I'm free I'll probably be at the gig. I actually listen to a surprising amount of metal in between writing poetry and trying on cardigans.

[/quote']

Ok well played, I actually laughted at the cardigans comment!

Thinking through my CD collection I think that I could safely say that Iron Maiden and Nightwish are probably the only CDs that aren't really "Power Metal" at all.

My brother (not Gregor) likes FFAF and even he says to me that it's Emo, but he is fine accepting that. I have heard 10 scene points and its not metal. It pretends to be until the singing starts, and obviously if you ignore the song title.

If you do come along to the Moorings, can we at least agree to ignore all this arguing and bickering and at least try to be civilised? Hell, that might even be worth a drink if that happens...

Ok well played' date=' I actually laughted at the cardigans comment!

If you do come along to the Moorings, can we at least agree to ignore all this arguing and bickering and at least try to be civilised? Hell, that might even be worth a drink if that happens...[/quote']

Of course. Bear in mind that although I have been harsh in what I say on here, I actually like half the stuff (HALF, not all...) the stuff you all listen to and therefore won't judge the band in the slightest on accounts of what has been said here.

Not sure about the drink though... I'm xXstraight.edgeXx (joke)

Thinking through my CD collection I think that I could safely say that Iron Maiden and Nightwish are probably the only CDs that aren't really "Power Metal" at all.

Seriously?! You mean you don't own any Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera etc?! :nono:

(although Pantera did have an album called Power metal)

I'd also say that Iron Maiden are the original power metal band...! :rockon:

I think Dan and Doc actually have a lot more in common than stuff they dont agree on. Doc, just enjoy the music you play and Im sure plenty of folk will come along to see you guys later this week.

Surely if we all like Metal music in any shape or form, we should storm the castle together with our swords :rockon:

Seriously?! You mean you don't own any Metallica' date=' Megadeth, Pantera etc?! :nono:

(although Pantera did have an album called Power metal)

I'd also say that Iron Maiden are the original power metal band...! :rockon:[/quote']

Gregor has the Metallica/Megadeth CDs and i'm not a fan of Pantera myself! No point in us both having the same CD!

Plus Metallica are a load of boaby after Justice. Anyhoo hope to see alot of ppl there if only to laugh at Wilky's singing and pick their jaws off the floor at Gregor's guitar solos....

And be dazzled by the blue LEDs on my WarlocK!!! aha!

This thread has taken an interesting turn!

Jake: If it makes you feel good about yourself, continue to yell "Sell Out" all you like. I've always listened to what I want, when I want, irrespective of label, style or "credability".

Scorge: Emo whining or Power wanking? Dunno, its close......

Doc: What said - been listening to bands like Carcass since I was 13, and frankly don't give a fuck about sub-divisions - just like I'm sure you can't tell the difference between emo/screamo/post-hardcore - its all just labelling...

Dan: You're hot. (I felt this thread needed some camp to balance all the testosterone)

Ascension: I wish you all the best, and if you time it right you could ride a wave of media hype to the top. I never for a SECOND meant that you played your style cos its "cool", I'm sure you've all been social outcasts as a result of your music taste for years - as have all the best bands....

Ascension: I wish you all the best' date=' and if you time it right you could ride a wave of media hype to the top. I never for a SECOND meant that you played your style cos its "cool", I'm sure you've all been social outcasts as a result of your music taste for years - as have all the best bands....[/quote']

Well never the less that is what you said, and sounded like a right dick while saying it. I very very doubt there will be a "wave of media hype" and when there's not, I shall have a big Told you So and STFU waiting

Guest Scorge Spike
I never for a SECOND meant that you played your style cos its "cool"' date='[/quote']

Errrrr.....

Power Metal = The New Emo. Ya bunch of bandwagon-jumpers

....gid een. :D

Guest Scorge Spike

PS: Only a few days to the gig now, still hoping for some more declarations of intent from all you gig goers, etc.

Please don't make me resort to MMW tactics and post four other cheap threads explaining how you can get the 5,12 or 13 bus to the venue....;)