aberdeen-music

Tsunami Band Aid Charity Show at Moshulu - Back to the 80's

jester1470

I wish i'd lived in the 80s - like been old enought to remember. The 80s sounded like fun.

no - it was depressing - maggie thatcher, the threat of nuclear war, miners strike, recession, yuppies, reagan, high unemployment and phil collins.....

Guest *alex*
no - it was depressing - maggie thatcher' date=' the threat of nuclear war, miners strike, recession, yuppies, reagan, high unemployment and phil collins.....[/quote']

It things like Phil Collins that make you wonder how the fuck the world ever made it into the 90s..he's evil, evil i say..*shudders*

It things like Phil Collins that make you wonder how the fuck the world ever made it into the 90s..he's evil' date=' evil i say..*shudders*[/quote']

he he nicely put :love:

i also forgot to mention his cunting pal sting - if you ever want proof of how shit a lot of music was in the 1980's just watch live aid (especially the american leg)

luckily i consoled myself in the brilliance of cabaret voltaire, the fall, the smiths/morrissey, human league and cocteau twins - there's was heaps of good stuff about you just had to look a bit harder

and best not let me get me started on mick hucknell.....

the 80's truly was a shit decade until the end and rave/madchester scene - i was glad to be a part of that though the media have somewhat glamourised their description of what actually went on

*vomits*

*vomits some more*

*continues to vomit*

:down:

vomiting with you.....

sorry kind of sabotaged this thread, it is for a good cause and all that... but why the 80's? i dont understand the nostalgia associated with that decade, there's too much nostalgia around in general - i think we should look forwards not consistantly look backwards......

Guest neil ex

My suggestions

Black Atom - "Throughout the Dark Months of April and May" Cocteau Twins

Baby Karma - "Indecision Time" Husker Du

Onion Terror - "Neverland" Sisters of Mercy

X-Certs - "Eyes Pop - Skin Explodes - Everybody Dead" FSOL

Dedalus - "Bring The Noise" Public Enemy

Stayover/MMw combo - ""Siamese Twins" The Cure

Radio Lucifer - "Made of Stone" The Stone Roses

Suvara - "L'Dopa" Big Black

tsk tsk announcing line ups without actually confirming with the bands

hmmm not very professional for someone like yourself stuart :p

Both Ross and I were under the impression these bands had said they would play, obviously there was a miscommunication somewhere. These things do happen, I know this is one of those 'only joking' type comments you make to be followed by your usual 'have a sense of humour' type things, but quite frankly on this occasion I wish you'd fuck off. Ross, myself and a few others have worked hard to make this gig a reality and I'm not in the mood to take digs, even if they're joking, from you, you're not happy unless you're taking a dig at someone or something. I've had a shit weekend and maybe i've had a sense of humour bypass this weekend but I'm not in the mood for little 'jokey' digs about my professionalism or the work that has gone into this gig !

Cheers

Stuart

Guest neil ex
you're not happy unless you're taking a dig at someone or something.

Cheers

Stuart

It makes winding up people on messageboards so worthwhile when people react like above..

aye, maxwell does come across as a bit of a bellend in almost every thread he goes near!

nonetheless, back to business - what's gonna happen with the lineup? are there gonna be late additions to fill in the gaps or not?

and i think lucifer need to be getting some motley covers in the set!

as for the atom, just get mac to cover some dire straits!

spoons

/x

Guest stuartmaxwell
I've had a shit weekend and maybe i've had a sense of humour bypass this weekend

Cheers

Stuart

you should have went to the fudge awards.

it made a great weekend.

:D