aberdeen-music

Ace new(ish) band (Fans of Sikth, Norma Jean, Lamb of God, Converge)

medichi

...called Reflux.

On Prosthetic records (home of Lamb Of God), playing uber-heavy metal/hardcore, with intermittant (sp?) techy/jazzy bits. Reminded me of Norma Jean most, but with a different edge. Great album (Illusion of Democracy) and saw em live the other night supporting Eden Maine. Checks it.....

Guest Nikola Tesla

This band are pretty fucking cool, i dunno about the cleanish vox though. In the track i got they were pretty weak and ruined some of the flow, but i suppose live it would be totaly differant.

I'm not sure what I think of them. My brother thinks they're ace but I've heard four of their tracks and it didn't totally do it for me... they might be growers though!

the guitarist is fucking ace however... (although I wish they had two - I much prefer twin guitar bands)

I'm not sure what I think of them. My brother thinks they're ace but I've heard four of their tracks and it didn't totally do it for me... they might be growers though!

the guitarist is fucking ace however... (although I wish they had two - I much prefer twin guitar bands)

Lamb of God, Norma Jean, Opeth, SYL, Clutch all on tour in June on the same bill! :rockon:

Guest Nikola Tesla
Also...check out Jeromes Dream

Yes! Everyone should check them out! A bit of good crazy Screamo owns any so called 'decent' slayercore any day of the week! :p

So Dragonforce is over-egging your guitary pudding then is it? ;)

Exactly! Anyone who knows me is aware that I LOVE guitar solos and guitar harmonies... but when EVERYTHING is harmonised and you play a million solos it takes away the specialness of those two things. A great guitar harmony here and there is fantastic, but if it is on EVERY SINGLE lead melody then you totally know what to expect and it becomes obvious...

Thats just my opinon though.

Back to REFLUX though... I gave in and bought their album and it is indeed good. The songs are growers and their Meshuggah influence is quite apparent in a number of places!