aberdeen-music

Towers of London

TVcasualty

Ok, I just have to diminish any bad press bout these guys. After playin with them and Identity (who were pretty cool too) tonite I think they are one of the best Punk bands to come out of the U muthafukin K. Granted they are a cross between the Motley Crue and Sex Pistols but they are a great live band. One word sums them up... NUTS! In every sense! :rockon:

I (as well as people I talked to throughout the night) thought they were absolute balls. To me, they epitomise everything that's wrong with most R'N R bands in the UK at the moment. All style, no substance. I was expecting good things after what I had read but they were pretty terrible. Mind you, just being in Kef puts me in a negative mood so I might feel differently if I see them again. But I doubt it.

I thought they were exactly what music needs right now! A break from fuckin dull "tortured" indie student bands, they dont give a fuck about being interlectuals and trying to out smart people through music or any of that shit there just a big dumb good time rock n roll band!

Me and my mate went for a night on the beers with them after the gig and they were cool as fuck guys.

I was a little bit underwhelmed to be honest. I was initially excited because I thought Kiefer Sutherland's Lost Boys had just walked onstage. But I was wrong.

The band were technically all very talented, just dull and unoriginal. Every single member of the band was mimicking some other character from rock history exactly. There wasn't a cliche left unturned, from spitting onstage, to picking fights with members of the audience who "looked at them funny", to the inevitable banging of a mic off the stage because the levels were wrong... I was also talking with some people at the venue about it and the reason they were late on is because they were fucking about and blagging as much free drink of the venue as the could. Chancers.

Having said that, since I never talked to them afterwards I couldn't possibly say whether or not they were sound guys or not. I've heard mixed reports to be honest.

I have a sort of sneaking suspicion I would have been better off just going to Drummonds...

the towers of london have had quite a lot of press for the last couple of weeks be it good or bad thisd is leading them into the top 40 this week!!! so PR man must be doin his job and if all the guys have to do is act off the rails im sure their more than happy to $$$$$

I get the feeling that they are either gonna be "the next big thing" or are gonna be next weeks newest failures. Just glad that us guys in Infection got to play with them before one of the two happens. And if they do get big i hope they remember us!!! *Yeh fukin right - an the pope aint gonna live forever!* We did give them a dildo from the Kef bogs tho! Seemed a little too pleased to be given one if you ask me - the tightness of their jeans says it all! Loved them tho. :guns::headbang::punk: