aberdeen-music

Idlewild on Radio One

Camie

Got tickets to see them acoustically in a tiny venue in Embra this Friday, so maybe it will all make sense... I actually haven't had a chance to stick the record on yet...

Can we have obscene points? You could get one for liking Pink Floyd or playing a tapping solo in a ballad

its rubbish.

i mean it truly is rubbish

I've only heard the new single which is alright - but surely a band that has made the very decent albums they have can't have just gone completely rotten? Is this your anti-acoustic side again Maxi? :D

Guest stuartmaxwell

i am no anti-acoustic. i listen to lots of diff types of music. alasdair roberts and james orr complex are flying about me stereo/pc at the moment in fact, oh yes. lush

dont get me started on idlewild. i was djin last night and stuck on chandelier vinyl, i nearly cried at what they have become :down:

I'm sure what you meant to write was "They WERE a good band"

Well if you share that view and haven't heard their new album, then surely you should be basing your judgement on what they have done so far - thus if you like them already then buying their new album is not a "moment of madness"

i am no anti-acoustic. i listen to lots of diff types of music. alasdair roberts and james orr complex are flying about me stereo/pc at the moment in fact' date=' oh yes. lush

dont get me started on idlewild. i was djin last night and stuck on chandelier vinyl, i nearly cried at what they have become :down:[/quote']

It's just musical evolution - you can't just keep churning out the same thing every album. Although granted, I guess the new album won't quite be up to their previous work, but I ain't heard it yet.

Guest stuartmaxwell

if they cant write acoustic music that matches "in remote part/scottish fiction" why bother??

i think that (and forgot to follow) are two of the best tracks they have done.

the new stuff sounds like busted and it very bland and monotonous.

gah

I was slightly dissapointed with 'Love Steals Us From Loneliness' as it hasn't made as big an impact when 'You Held the World in Arms' exploded from the radio. In saying that, I heard the acoustic version on the radio from the Tsunami benefit and it worked so much better than the studio version.

Being an Idlewild fan I'm going to purchase the new album regardless, Sorry Maxi. They have definately slowed down considerably and the old songs on last nights Lamaq session seemed to lack the energy they used to posses which was dissapointing. I'll have to hear the album before I can judge the new songs. Even so I'll go to see them in May, get merry, sing along and something else....

Zippy

I was slightly dissapointed with 'Love Steals Us From Loneliness' as it hasn't made as big an impact when 'You Held the World in Arms' exploded from the radio. In saying that' date=' I heard the acoustic version on the radio from the Tsunami benefit and it worked so much better than the studio version.

Being an Idlewild fan I'm going to purchase the new album regardless, Sorry Maxi. They have definately slowed down considerably and the old songs on last nights Lamaq session seemed to lack the energy they used to posses which was dissapointing. I'll have to hear the album before I can judge the new songs. Even so I'll go to see them in May, get merry, sing along and something else....

Zippy[/quote']

Aright, you got a standing ticket too?