aberdeen-music

junk mail

delboy

doesnt it just piss you off? i got one today claiming i'd won seven grand but i have to send them a cheque for 10 quid to cover 'processing' charges

so i've sent it back with a wee note saying 'well if i've won seven grand, you can take your fucking tenner out of my winnings....'

Guest tv tanned

cold calling is worse.

me: "hello?"

monkey: "oh, hello sir, I am calling from OneTel to speak with whoever is in charge of the phone bill."

me: "I'm sorry, we don't have a telephone in this house."

pause

monkey: "forgive me for asking, but what are we speaking on at the moment?"

me: "oh my god!!!" hang up.

well, it helped relieve a bit of the boredom...

and whilst i'm in ranting mood - dont you just hate those wankers who come up to you in the street when your trying to go about your daily business (no i dont want to give to charity or buy fucking sky)

outside HMV/ottakers in aberdeen is worse, hordes of charity workers trying to make you feel guilty for spending a tenner on a book - it was always head down - ignore!!!! they'll regret it if they do stop me because i'll start ranting....

cold calling is worse.

monkey: "oh' date=' hello sir, I am calling from OneTel to speak with whoever is in charge of the phone bill."

pause

well, it helped relieve a bit of the boredom...[/quote']

Worth a scene point, but you've got 30 already and I'm jealous. I don't give them the time to say hello usually, but occasionally I let them say hello, and wait in silence to see how long they cotton on to the fact Im not actually there.

Guest tv tanned

thankfully most of them now have a silent pause before they connect to you.

That gives me ample time to slam the phone down and get back to cooking me dinner...

Guest MarkJDelaney
cold calling is worse.

monkey: "oh' date=' hello sir, I am calling from OneTel to speak with whoever is in charge of the phone bill."

pause

24.gif Good one! I'm usually just an arrogant bastard to them.

or go ex directory - since i've had me new phone put in, not one tosser phoning up asking if i want to buy double glazing - it used to crack me up though when i lived in aberdeen cos they used to start the sell with

'hello mr franklin, how are you today? how would you like a free conservatory if you buy double glazing with us?'

to which i'd reply

'exactly how are you planning to fit a conservatory in a 13th floor flat?????'

that'd shut the fuckers up....

cold calling is worse.

pause

THe best thing about a cordless phone is you can leave it anywhere when they call, like besides the tv for a while.

Guest Scorge Spike
Best bet to stop cold calling is to register here - http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

This'll stop the phone calls.

Wrong, it's an ineffective piece of junk.

The companies actually have to pay money to see the list of people they're not supposed to call, so therefore that takes some of them out of the equation, and most of the rest of them just employ people to scour through the phonebook with no regard for the list.

Better still, international telediallers from lands afar do not count under the scheme.

So, wrong.

Guest Scorge Spike
These nuisance calls are gonna be made illegal very soon (I think)

Operator- Mr Hog' date=' are you the owner of this house?

Me-Yes, but why are you phoning me? do you want to get laid?[/quote']

I thought it was fucking hilarious last year when the DTI granted a 12 month extension to TPS, and yet at the same time funded an extra 5million into the UK call centre industry.

Hahaha!

I don't like those bloody people who stop you in the street doing research or other pish... They usually ask me if I'm over 18 and I say no... Since i look about 12, it always works.

A flatmate of mine used to have to work at an insurance place cold calling people, he worked on commision as well... Most people were not that rude to him, he usually got about 1 or 2 "fuck offs" a day.

I registered on the TPS thing and it seems to have worked... I still get phone calls for the woman who lived here before me and moved out *two years* ago though, aaand calls for her with her maiden name. :grr:

I also enjoy telling them that I'm on the second floor, so no, I wouldn't like a conservatory...

Guest stuartmaxwell
Most people were not that rude to him' date=' he usually got about 1 or 2 "fuck offs" a day.[/quote']

i sell marketing and print for a living

i get that all the time

you learn ways around it.

and the commission rolls in

:)

Guest stuartmaxwell
I registered on the TPS thing and it seems to have worked... I still get phone calls for the woman who lived here before me and moved out *two years* ago though' date=' aaand calls for her with her maiden name. :grr:

I also enjoy telling them that I'm on the second floor, so no, I wouldn't like a conservatory...[/quote']

tps doesnt take you off the list. however it gives you the right to get them in deep shit 1500 fine

a part of my job is to sell this kind of data to companies