aberdeen-music

i fainted today!

delboy

now there was a new experience for me, the poor old nurse was trying to extract blood from me for health tests this afternoon and she was complaining about me having 'bad veins' when all of a sudden after just filling one tube with the red stuff, yours truly passed out!

i have to go back on friday when a more qualified expert in the are of extracting blood from bad veins is in the surgery and she said the likelihood i'll pass out again is 'very high'

be interested to hear anyone's tales of passing out!

In primary school I used to play recorder wooo! Well as far as I am concered it's an instrument of the devil because one day it attacked me! Whilst blowing away and creating some probably awfully out of tune/time music I started to feel a little hot/un well. Well I put the weapon down and made my way to the door...upon opening it I collapsed into the music teachers arms...poor old dear I prob. hurt her back...she looked sort of frail/old and I was pretty tubby back then...upon regaining conciousness I proceeded to puke ribena into a basin that the receptionist happened to have...

I was in the air training corps for a while, and there was a great big parade with a very important dude coming along. So standing out in the sun for a couple of hours, with the collar on my shirt choking me, everything went black!

I was still conscious, i thought to myself, "Right, ill just make sure i keep standing still and no one will know". Next thing i know i feel several pairs of hands grabbing me as i fall backwards.

Good thing was that i got to sit out for the rest of the parade :D

I was in the air training corps for a while' date=' and there was a great big parade with a very important dude coming along. So standing out in the sun for a couple of hours, with the collar on my shirt choking me, everything went black!

I was still conscious, i thought to myself, "Right, ill just make sure i keep standing still and no one will know". Next thing i know i feel several pairs of hands grabbing me as i fall backwards.

Good thing was that i got to sit out for the rest of the parade :D[/quote']

i know what you mean. i used to be in the sea cadets and was often in the poppy day parade- in the group who carried the wreaths. i came close a few times but never did faint.

iv seen quite a few people faint though in the uniforms.

I was in the air training corps for a while' date=' and there was a great big parade with a very important dude coming along. So standing out in the sun for a couple of hours, with the collar on my shirt choking me, everything went black!

We used to have a lot of people get faint-y doing drill...just wiggle your toes to keep the blood going to your head.

Guest gilly

Haha. Trust you, spazface

we did this blood transfusion talk in sixth year pse and the woman got as far as the first slide and i passed out.

wuss.

Haha, so did Flash off of these boards. Told them he wouldn't be able to stomach it. Got the slides going, walked out quickly & he fainted outside the hall. Bless.

Remember how at primary school you used to do competitions to see who could hold their breath the longest? Well, I won. Then fainted and whacked my head off a desk. :down:

God, I used to faint on regular occassions... I think I have to formulae of blood + heat = faint.

The best one was at a cooking class in the academy. I sliced half my thumb off with a huge knife and thought telling the teacher would be a good idea at that point. So I went up, maybe an idea to mention the teacher was about 5 foot nothing at the max, she started telling me off for using the wrong knife to cut an apple. Then.... timber! Dumb bitch tried to catch me. It ended up with me on top of her in the classroom with her wriggling about like a beetle on its back.

Tav - so your fascination with ribena goes way back to childhood.....

there is nothing wrong with having played the recorder!

ive only passed out once, about a year ago i was having shit loads of dizzy spells and had to go to the docs etc about them but one day i got dizzy in the shower and passed out, smacking my head off the tiles as i went which (luckily?) brought be back into conciousness again

then i just stood there wondering what the fuck happened for like 5 mins, was quite confusing

Hope your ok Del!

Havent passed out but gave blood last year for the third time' date=' it hurt a lot! Made me feel yucky.[/quote']

yeah i'm fine thanks, still feel a bit queasy mind, at least i shall be expecting to pass out on friday. thing is cos i was having these tests i wasnt allowed to eat from 10 PM last night and i'd only had 4 hrs kip cos i worked the night shift last night!

i'm deffo off needles now and theres no way i can give blood. funnily enough the nurse remarked 'its happens to blokes all the time, your just a bunch of wosses' :D

ive only passed out once' date=' about a year ago i was having shit loads of dizzy spells and had to go to the docs etc about them but one day i got dizzy in the shower and passed out, smacking my head off the tiles as i went which (luckily?) brought be back into conciousness again

then i just stood there wondering what the fuck happened for like 5 mins, was quite confusing[/quote']

Thats basically the same as the time I passed out... I was in the shower and I got all light headed, and passed out. But unfortunately I managed to fall outta the bath, pulling the shower curtain with me; landing with no dignity in the slightest. Mum came running through after hearing the thump, and saw me, sprawled on the floor on the curtain.

She then continued to shout at me for "wrecking the bathroom"... Ho-hum...

yeah i'm fine thanks' date=' still feel a bit queasy mind, at least i shall be expecting to pass out on friday. thing is cos i was having these tests i wasnt allowed to eat from 10 PM last night and i'd only had 4 hrs kip cos i worked the night shift last night!

i'm deffo off needles now and theres no way i can give blood. funnily enough the nurse remarked 'its happens to blokes all the time, your just a bunch of wosses' :D[/quote']

its a funny world. it dosnt bother me in the slightest having blood taken. i would love to be a blood donor, but i cant be. hmm

cant say it really bothered me till today! but if they have that much trouble getting a few tubes of the stuff out (she managed to fill one plus a couple of drops!) then lord knows what it be like to give a couple of pints!