aberdeen-music

Tour support for J.E.W.

Skacel

I found them to be pretty average, to be honest. Didn't hear the Interpol/Smiths sound really, something about the singer's voice made me instantly think of a more punked up Stereophonics and I kind of lost the plot from there.

Better than The Promise Ring though, at least The Apartment looked to be enjoying themselves.

STEREOPHONICS?!

the only similarity there is that both their singers are shortarses.

i dunno. i've seen apartment a few times now so i suppose i know know the songs etc. i wasn't massively impressed first time i saw them (there's a live review on DiS from ages ago wot i dun).

now i think they're grrrrrrrrrreat.

STEREOPHONICS?!

the only similarity there is that both their singers are shortarses.

The guy did have a sore throat, which he apologised for. But the first time he opened his mouth and sang he did a bloody good Kelly Jones impression. Which isn't to say sounding like Kelly Jones is a good thing. Especially not a very loud Kelly Jones.

Seemed to go down well with the throng of little emo boys down the front, though.

I thought the Apartment were dull as mince. Just sounds like everything else kicking about at the moment. I bet NME love them.

J.E.W were awesome on the other hand. "No Sensitivity" was indeed great. As were "Polaris" and "Nothingwrong".

Bit of a shame they didn't play "Goodbye Sky Harbour". The live version of that song is amazing.