aberdeen-music

Hootie and the Blowfish

NARC

Hootie and the Blowfish... There's a bl;ast from the past. I used to live in Malaysia, and over there, particularly with the expats they were huge. I saw them twice... I thought they were great.

Mind you I haven't heard anything of them at all since I moved back here.

No motherfucking Hootie and the Blowfish!

I always kinda considered them middle of the road college rock for people who didn't really like music.

Thank f*ck someone else thinks that - I was beginning to think I was hallucinating when I read the first two posts!

"Soundgarden for The Strokes generation" - jeezuz, this a band that featured in an episode of "Friends", for gods sake!

Thank f*ck someone else thinks that - I was beginning to think I was hallucinating when I read the first two posts!

"Soundgarden for The Strokes generation" - jeezuz' date=' this a band that featured in an episode of "Friends", for gods sake![/quote']

Can I just say...the first post is not actually my opinion at all...a little joke lets say...which has left PaulDW with egg on his face

Yeah' date=' yeah - we believe you! ;)[/quote']

You'd bloody better - it all stemmed from a song me and my friends so on music channel "The Vault" which got to number 50 i think in 1995 or something. The sheer positivity of it could drive you to suicide.

Nay really... I thought they were alright when I saw them... So Im happy with that. Can't say I own an album, do have a few mp3's though.

Unlike many on here I aint scared to admit I like something that ain't popular... hehe!

A joke... Im sure... of course it was... What next? A 'Aren't McFly Revolutionary' thread.... :D

Nay really... I thought they were alright when they saw them... So Im happy with that. Can't say I own an album' date=' do have a few mp3's though.

Unlike many on here I aint scared to admit I like something that ain't popular :D

A joke... Im sure... of course it was... What next? A 'Aren't McFly Revolutionary' thread.... :D[/quote']

No I genuinely don't like them! I knew this would happen...just check my listening to section...then you must realise the incompatibilty of Hootie and the Blowfish with my bleak world view

Guest tv tanned

wow tres rebellious

I remember checking them out as I had been told good things about them, it was around the time I first listened to Counting Crows, and I was less than impressed by them really.

Struck me as rather pedestrian...

No I genuinely don't like them! I knew this would happen...just check my listening to section...then you must realise the incompatibilty of Hootie and the Blowfish with my bleak world view

Its all good man, I was only winding you up...

Guess I have a flaw in my musical taste then hehe

Its all good man' date=' I was only winding you up...

Guess I have a flaw in my musical taste then hehe[/quote']

You certainly do, you've only got one decent band in your listening to section! And that's the Pumpkins! Still, i'll give you a scene point as you had the balls to admit you like Hootie