aberdeen-music

Nathan Barley

Alvin Starclusk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive only seen the first episode which to be honest was watched under the mask of a bottle of rum (which makes me sound like a pirate or some other dated nonsence) so thus i found it all really funny

the only line i remeber is

"do you know Freddy Starr?? he was the original Bill Hicks"

cracked me up :rolleyes:

Guest valley69
tis crap

very very crap

and shockingly the friday night project is filmed on a thursday :|

aye the nathan barley thing is shite. Friday night project is shite too. Even the osbournes is starting to go down that road after someone told me that they just act like that for the cameras.

I love Nathan Barley! I saw the first episode and i knew it was the kind of thing i really shouldnt like, but it was just so great :D

I mean, Nathan's character really represents the "annoying trendy retard" section of society. The lad culture if you will. And Dan Ashcrofts character is great with his "oh god what am i doing in this city with these idiots".

To be honest i dont know why so many people dislike it so much! : /

that is shocking' date=' as shocking as the fact jimmy carr is in payed employment[/quote']

I dunno, I think he's quite funny. He looked genuinely pissed off with Brigitte Nielson. That was highly entertaining.

Nathan barley is a combination utter tripe interspersed with pure genius. GEEK PIE. I have to be in the mood. Jam's like that too though. Good stuff and rubbish stuff.

I wasn't convinced by the first episode, but I've continued watching. I've kept the faith in Morris. I think the reason people think it's "shite" is because alot of the humour is so subtle, and alot of dense fools can't figure out the the gags for themselves.

There's alot of small details that can be picked up throughout that turn out to be very amusing.

"Nazi Experiments in Colour".

But no, you need your jokes spoon-fed to you with a dose of canned laughter, you dribbling simpleton.

Dutch Wine anyone or perhaps something a bit more Southern French?

Guest MarkJDelaney
I wasn't convinced by the first episode' date=' but I've continued watching. I've kept the faith in Morris. I think the reason people think it's "shite" is because alot of the humour is so subtle, and alot of dense fools can't figure out the the gags for themselves.

There's alot of small details that can be picked up throughout that turn out to be very amusing.

"Nazi Experiments in Colour".

But no, you need your jokes spoon-fed to you with a dose of canned laughter, you dribbling simpleton.

Dutch Wine anyone or perhaps something a bit more Southern French?[/quote']

Have a Coke and a smile, and shut the fuck up! The fact of the matter is, this show is a fucking awful comedy. Dense fool, dribbling simpleton? Mmm, no. I see all the jokes - they're shite. It is a really, really awful show. Nothing entertaining in the slightest.

Guest Logan

I thought it all a little bit bollocks to be honest. The episode on Friday did have a few funny bits, but I really just watched it cuz the chicka was hot!! ^_^

• 9 months later...

Sorry to drag up a 9 month old thread, but I just sat and watched the whole series: its fucking ace!

It works on loads of levels - yes Barley is a twat, but he's actually not a bad bloke. And Dan is more intelligent, but deep down he's an idiot too, and a bit of a vicious cunt (as witnessed in the final episode), so it's not as black and white as "Barley bad, Dan Good".

Scissor/Cat interface, Barleys "rap", underage sex and Pingu jumping out the window are highlights.....