aberdeen-music

Tommy Vance R.I.P.

Guest Scorge Spike

whilst personally peel had more influence on me, there's no doubt that many will mourn the loss of vance in the same way - he always came across as a genuinly decent bloke (and was the only man i thought could wear shades indoors and get away with it), his championing of metal via the friday rock show was second to none and like peel, gave many bands their first airplay. although not as high a profile as peel, another radio legend has gone upstairs to sort out the playlist in the sky. he will be sadly missed.

Guest stuartmaxwell
whilst personally peel had more influence on me' date=' there's no doubt that many will mourn the loss of vance in the same way - he always came across as a genuinly decent bloke (and was the only man i thought could wear shades indoors and get away with it), his championing of metal via the friday rock show was second to none and like peel, gave many bands their first airplay. although not as high a profile as peel, another radio legend has gone upstairs to sort out the playlist in the sky. he will be sadly missed.[/quote']

applause

on the head.

well said sir