What is your shit film alert?

Guest AmbientMood

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even 'Good Will Hunting'? I think NOT!

Oh' date=' and 'The Talented Mr. Ripley'? Yet again, I think NOT![/quote']

Good Will Hunting? I think YES! That film is more clichd than an episode of the O.C. A truly awful film, which is surprising because Gus Van Sant is an extraordinary director, check out Drugstore Cowboy, My Own Private Idaho, and Elephant to see what I mean.

AS for The Talented Mr Ripley? *Yawn*

. A truly awful film' date=' which is surprising because Gus Van Sant is an extraordinary director, check out Drugstore Cowboy, My Own Private Idaho, and Elephant to see what I mean.

QUOTE']

whilst all very VERY good films (how matt dillon didnt become a bigger star after drugstore cowboy eludes me) dont forget the same mr van sant also made the really aweful 'Even Cowgirls get the Blues' and the not as bad as everyone made out but pretty pointless' 'Psycho' remake

on his day a really great filmaker but is really inconsistant

Guest MarkJDelaney
Good Will Hunting? I think YES! That film is more clichd than an episode of the O.C. A truly awful film' date=' which is surprising because Gus Van Sant is an extraordinary director, check out Drugstore Cowboy, My Own Private Idaho, and Elephant to see what I mean.

AS for The Talented Mr Ripley? *Yawn*[/quote']

Oh well! So it looks like we have very opposite opinions here, I love both those films and I also enjoy The O.C. :D

As for Elephant, not too bad a film - a smidge boring in a lot of scenes.

After seeing 'Hero' last night, I have to agree with whoever on this thread said it was shit. What an absolute pile af arty wank. I actually laughed out loud at several points during the film and just about ripped my eyes out with anger at the oh-so-drawn-out-and-meaningful slow-motion suspense filled moments...fuck off Hero.

Along Came Polly and Ocean's Twelve are the two most mind and ass-numbingly dull films I have ever had the misfortune of viewing.

The worst though was:

Bar-B-Q

If you've seen this film you'll know it's one of the worst films ever.

Skinned Alive was also really bad... and starred Johnny Lucifer from some odd reason as a pyschopathic madman who fucked his sister.

Guest tv tanned
Skinned Alive was also really bad... and starred Johnny Lucifer from some odd reason as a pyschopathic madman who fucked his sister.

Wasn't that the ITV documentary on Psycho A Go-Go?

Oh well! So it looks like we have very opposite opinions here' date=' I love both those films and I also enjoy The O.C. :D

As for Elephant, not too bad a film - a smidge boring in a lot of scenes.[/quote']

Elephant did some interesting things with narrative, structure and identification but any director who cuts to a shot of a cloudy sky to show that "bad times are a'comin'" is a bit of a fanny in my book.

)

The following are films i have never seen' date=' or plan on ever seeing due to the shitness of their nature:

1.Titanic

:D[/quote']

Titanic isn't as bad as everybody likes to pretend it is, I think. Yes, the theme was annoying and the dialogue is shitty but it looks pretty and hits all the buttons it's supposed to. God... did...did I just apologise for Titanic?

Interesting topic. There are a few films that I enjoyed. Namely Hero, Napoleon Dynamite, Dogma, Mallrats and Cabin Fever. Each to their own - suppose it depends on how deep you look into these titles and how much you gain from the plot.

Anyway, now for my worst films:

Battle Royale II

Volcano High (Director's Cut)

New Police Story

Van Helsing

Charlie's Angels

Cradle 2 the Grave

The Itallian Job (remake)

xXx

Fast and the Furious

Guest AmbientMood

Takeshi's Castle Vs The O.C

Who said they liked the O.C? I just had to sit through a whole hour of that cheesy shit-on-film. Hell, I'd rather watch Ant and Dec (no I would'nt; I'd prefer to be raped by a llama).

Watch good t.v in future, if there is such a thing (doubtful).

Elephant..... what a heap of complete shit. My arty-film loving ex flatmate got it out when it was released.

My god... words really fail me.

I didnt want to say anything and seem like an uncultured heathen, but my flatmate just turned round and said, 'that was pish'. *Phew*

Other than that, very few films do that to me...

Hmm... I'd have to agree with Sharon re: Cabin Fever. Load of shite.

And whoever said AI. I came out of the cinema after seeing that and went O_o "eh"?

My "shit film" would prolly be Memento. I know alot of people love it, but I watched it and felt very let down, really didn't get it.

I guess I don't really like films that I have to really "think about" the first time watching through.