aberdeen-music

New Bench Website

Tim BENCH

Guest Ancient Mariner

I remember the first Bench website, from when Chappers was still at school. It wasn't to shabby, unlike the early incarnation of the band. Can't seem to get into this one tho....

Guest Zeenat Aman
I like it. The only real improvement would be a slight increase in the text size. On ridiculously high-res settings' date=' it becomes nigh-on unreadably small.[/quote']

Agreed, thought the same but wasn't sure if it was just because of my settings.

i dont like it after 10 seconds of looking at it i was bored, the txt is far too small and to be honest the whole site is really dull. Theres nothing to it and the pics that come up are really small and almost not worth having you cant make out anything in them. The lack of tunes online as well i thinks a bit of a shame.

just my thoughts anyway.

Agreed' date=' thought the same but wasn't sure if it was just because of my settings.[/quote']

Well, I'm on 1024x768which is standardand it's pretty tiny.

i dont like it after 10 seconds of looking at it i was bored' date=' the txt is far too small and to be honest the whole site is really dull. Theres nothing to it and the pics that come up are really small and almost not worth having you cant make out anything in them. The lack of tunes online as well i thinks a bit of a shame.[/quote']

Dull as in it's not bright yellow? The site is good, andwith the exception of the text-sizewell-designed. Just because it doesn't look like a pack of Smarties covered in glitter doesn't render it "dull". Bear in mind that the purpose of a site is to offer up information on the band for easy consumption, and if it was a far-out crazy wacky design, that would become more difficult, and thus defeat the purpose of the site in the first place.

Well' date=' I'm on 1024x768which is pretty standardand it's pretty tiny.

Dull as in it's not bright yellow? The site is good, andwith the exception of the text-sizewell-designed. Just because it doesn't look like a pack of Smarties covered in glitter doesn't render it "dull". Bear in mind that the purpose of a site is to offer up information on the band for easy consumption, and if it was a far-out crazy wacky design, that would become more difficult, and thus defeat the purpose of the site in the first place.[/quote']

haha excuse me for giving my opinion.

No it doesnt have to be bright yellow just because our one is you complete tool.

and no the site is not well desinged IN MY OPINION!!!!! it bored the hell out of me therefor making me want to close the site and not pay any attention to the band or what is written, the fact i also have to sit with my nose against the screen to even make out what the little writing says also puts me off, i dunno i like to keep my eyes is a reasonable condition.

if you dont want to hear something bad about it then dont ask next time.

right now i am a big Bench fan but i agree with Milner in that the site is "too dull". i can see that you were going for a nice simple look but i think it has been made jus too plain in the process.

and to you Sky, jus koz Milner said that it's dull, doesn't mean he wants rainbow colors everywhere and flashing stuff... i think that what he meant is that it jus needs a bit more of a kick to it koz come on...lets face it, is a bit dull.

and yes, the writing is a bit too small and it would be good if you had some of your tracks on there and mebbie some piccies too :).

haha excuse me for giving my opinion.

No it doesnt have to be bright yellow just because our one is you complete tool.

and no the site is not well desinged IN MY OPINION!!!!! it bored the hell out of me therefor making me want to close the site and not pay any attention to the band or what is written' date=' the fact i also have to sit with my nose against the screen to even make out what the little writing says also puts me off, i dunno i like to keep my eyes is a reasonable condition.

if you dont want to hear something bad about it then dont ask next time.[/quote']

I never contested that you were merely stating an opinion, but your laundry list of complaints didn't actually have very much in the way of a constructive side. The only reasonably constructive suggestion I got from your post was to increase the size of the text and pictures.

Seeing as it's so dull, what would you suggest Tim BENCH do to improve it?

wow... calm down guys. thanks for your opinions. you're right the text is too small. shows up ok on my mac but on my pc I couldn't make it out. this i will have to get changed. as for it being too dull... its suppossed to be like that. minimalist isn't to every one's tastes.I managed to get myself a 2:1 degree in design so I guess I can't be that shit at it. at the moment I'm working on a few games and things to put up so the site's still in its early stages, it'll do for now.

as for that short film I did... I burnt it. It was just full of drunken tom foolery, which is probably what you want it for but its long gone and no trace of it anywhere. sorry

I like the book...but I'd like to see that theme of using real photography/textures carried through rather than just sticking on pics/text...might be nice if you could make the album covers look like they were stuck in with tape or what not. Or do some text written in pen <gel writer shows up nice and black> then put that in instead of acctual PC txt so the whole site looks like it's scans from a book or such like? Just an idea that would really get more/the most out of your theme...cause it does have the potential to be really wicked.