aberdeen-music

FAO musicians who play o'donoghues

babykarma

typicall tight fisted bastards what happened???

Basically the guy at the bar didn't like the stuff and decided that Emma took too long a break between sets even though she played 2 45 minute sets as agreed in the time she was asked to. The guy then later said that she hadn't played enough and tried to say she'd played 30 minutes less than they'd asked for, saying she'd only played an hour, which was stupid because I timed the sets and she played over 45 for the second set alone. The guy was a major prat and took almost 25% of the money and acted like a real prat.

Cheers

Stuart

To start off I wasn't given a reason at all so I phoned the woman that booked me who was very nice, and had no idea why the money was taken off. It was the duty manager that took the money off and so I waited to hear what he had to say, and his original story is I took too long a break ...the next day it then changed to I only played for an hr (which isn't true for I played longer than my hour and a half by 10 mins). Pretty sure the guy took the money off cos he didn't like my music (I don't care if folks hate what I do but I still have to be paid the amount agreed). I was told the decision was taken before I had my break that money was to be deducted if I took too long but no-one informed me of this until afterwards. When I was booked I was told it was pretty flexible...I just had to play 2x 45 min sets between 5.30-8.30 or even between 6-9 if I preferred. It's just not professional to deduct cash without explaining why before you do it..if I hadn't asked I wouldn't have been told a reason.

I heard about this from Stu of BedHead when I was in his studio today doing some session work. They played after Emma on Wednesday and he was ranting and raving about it all morning.

Sounds like a shit deal and a good advert for contracts.

He tells me he's going to take issue with the ents manager.

fucking right and to be honest fuck the contract thing i just wouldnt go near the fucking place if they are ripping off people like that' date=' fucking cunts.[/quote']

Were you in stu's studio today? That's almost word for word what he was banging on like!!

I heard about this from Stu of BedHead when I was in his studio today doing some session work. They played after Emma on Wednesday and he was ranting and raving about it all morning.

Sounds like a shit deal and a good advert for contracts.

He tells me he's going to take issue with the ents manager.

Yeah Bedhead were really good to us and couldn't believe the way we'd been treated, the guy tried to claim that Emma had finished early and Stu ended up telling him, that Emma was still on when they came in meaning theres no way she could have finished early, and he wouldnt believe him either. I went and met with the owner/main manager guy yesterday to try and get an explanation and he said that he had to go with what his duty manager said even though I said there were several people who could back up how long Emma played,when I was wondering around checking the sound I also heard the duty manager make a few comments about Emma's stuff which proved he seemed to have a problem with her, bloody unprofessional for a so called venue. After I told Emma that they refused to believe us then we decided to pull her other gigs from there as there was no way we were going to go through that again.

Cheers

Stuart