aberdeen-music

Jack Daniels is shit

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I love red wine' date=' also, I greatly appreciate the taste and all the characters which make a good bottle bottle of wine.[/quote']

That is a complete and utter lie. The only thing you care about is the percentage. You charge round to mine, cheap bottle of whatever-is-on-offer-at-Tesco in one hand, lukewarm fast food in the other. Food guzzled in record time, wine opened and then slugged out of the bottle with all the style and sophistication of a park bench down-and-out. A harrowing evening of belching and farting then ensues. Don't give me this connoisseur bollocks.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ancient Mariner
try lagavullan 12 or 14years

very lovely' date=' not too peaty and it doesnt smack ye in the face.

if you decide you like the peaty taste try laphroig or talisker

[/quote']

All fine Islay whiskys. I find malts from that island have a depth of flavour that goes beyond their obvious peatiness. Islay whiskys are the best, better than Speyside malts, I'm afraid to say.

All fine Islay whiskys. I find malts from that island have a depth of flavour that goes beyond their obvious peatiness. Islay whiskys are the best' date=' better than Speyside malts, I'm afraid to say.[/quote']

Woah there cowboy.....its a bit like whether you prefer The Beatles or The Stones.....I like what I like and its horseshit to claim one is better than the other.

Guest Ancient Mariner
If you're new to the wonderful world of malts' date=' may I suggest Balvenie? The ten year old is gorgeous, but the 12 yo Doublewood variety has to be the most satisfying drink ever. Okay, it's a Speyside, and doesn't have the complexities of the Islay malts (which are wonderful also, but perhaps not ideal for beginners), but there's still plenty going on in there that puts it way above Glenfiddich and Glenmorangie.

And never, ever put anything in a malt...not even an ice cube. The whole "add water to release the flavour" is complete nonsense. It's not barley water![/quote']

Agreed. I had 12 year-old Balvenie at Christmas and it had a complexity that is uncommon amongst Speyside malts, though not all are as one dimensional as Glenfiddich. However, I find a drop of Deeside water certainly does not diminish the flavour of malt, rather it makes the experience last longer. Some cry out to be undiluted, tho, and Lagavulin and Balvenie are two of these.