aberdeen-music

Jack Daniels is shit

Guest Tam o' Shantie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i drink jd because i enjoy it...theres not much alcoholic drink i enjoy although admittly lately i have been enjoying vodka+red bull alot but thats only because its a helluva lot cheaper than jack+coke...but this thread was just started with the sole intention of starting an argument...so sad...

Guest Ancient Mariner

JD straight or on the rocks tastes good, but it is over-rated, and Jim Beam is better.

JD is good shit' date=' but good call on the whole "i like JD coz its cool". I find it funny when exodus chicks ask for WHISKEY! when do girls (this aint a stab at the female pop.) drink whiskey? seriously? :cheers:[/quote']

Stop spelling whisky like a cunt.

What is Appleton? It's sounds poofy and English.

ok Cloud 1)What were you doing drinking Vodka and Red Bull?

and 2)What the hell were you doing in Bud Bar?

and Grant' date=' where the fuck do you drink?[/quote']

Let me guess, you're too rock 'n' roll to dink vodka red bull.... even though it's pretty much the same Abv. A drink's a drink, and it's not as if most people drink things they don't enjoy drinking (unless it's for the sole intention of getting 'mortal'). I'm fair partial to the JD, especially at places like house parties. As for the image... it's just clearly just a marketing ploy to capture another side of the market, just like Jgermeister, and it probably works.

Fact: Jack Daniels has its own music awards. The Jack Awards.... Members of the living end won best Guitarist and Bassist last year.

ok Cloud 1)What were you doing drinking Vodka and Red Bull?

6 for a massive jug. it was hard to say no to that and 1 aftershocks. 20 = stupidly shitfaced to the point where i can't remeber most of what went on :(

and 2)What the hell were you doing in Bud Bar?

erm, I was 17...and the laws of bouncer stupidity meant that if i get turned down at the front door, they usually would let me in at the back door.. :p and the bud bar wasn't that bad this time 3 years ago...

I (used to) drink JD cos I liked the taste of it, but also because it made me a better drunk. I realised that vodka makes me violent, whereas JD just makes me a happy drunk. And all other spirits just taste minging to me. I daresay there are better whiskys out there that I've just not tried, but I'm a fussy bastard who likes to stick to what he knows, so I'll never know unless someone buys me other types. And our whiskys are too strong for me to drink straight, and I used to get slagged off for ordering MacAllen & irn bru. Plus Jack Daniel is probably an extremely distant relative, which is a shit reason, but there you go.

However, I'll probably never drink it again since I've pretty much stopped drinking now. Well, I might drink the bottle I have in my room one day.

Guest Ancient Mariner
I used to get slagged off for ordering MacAllen & irn bru.

You should be guillotined. Or made to listen to "Strip it Down" until your brain bleeds out your ears. Which should take about a half-a-dozen goes.

Guest Cowboy Dan

You should be guillotined. Or made to listen to "Strip it Down" until your brain bleeds out your ears. Which should take about a half-a-dozen goes.

why?

Well it was during the early stages of my drinking "career". Although as I said back then "what's wrong with it? I'm mixing our two national drinks!"

I could listen to Strip It Down all day and only get a bit bored of it as it's the worst song on the New Art Riot EP. Half a dozen goes would by nothing!!!

Listening to This Is my Truth Tell Me Yours once, now THAT would make me suffer.

JD straight or on the rocks tastes good' date=' but it is over-rated, and Jim Beam is better.

Stop spelling whisky like a cunt.

What is Appleton? It's sounds poofy and English.[/quote']

I was gonna say that!!! NO BLOODY E!!!!!!

And why anyone would want to ruin whisky by mixing it is beyond me. Particularly American whisky. Drink some Glenfiddich or Old Puteney.

I was gonna say that!!! NO BLOODY E!!!!!!

And why anyone would want to ruin whisky by mixing it is beyond me. Particularly American whisky. Drink some Glenfiddich or Old Puteney.

Some of us are complete pussies though. It would take too much effort to get used to the taste of proper whisky unmixed. Or maybe I just puked after drinking Glenfiddich straight once and that's put me off. Who knows?

JDB drinks J&B with coke. If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me ;)

Some of us are complete pussies though. It would take too much effort to get used to the taste of proper whisky unmixed. Or maybe I just puked after drinking Glenfiddich straight once and that's put me off. Who knows?

JDB drinks J&B with coke. If it's good enough for him' date=' it's good enough for me ;)[/quote']

Only cos it almost sounds like his initials.