aberdeen-music

The Life Aquatic

Afro Droid

A fine addition to the Wes Anderson cannon. Not as good as The Royal Tenenbaums or Rushmore, but up there Bottle Rocket for sure. Bill Murray is ace, and the underwater, semi-fantasy scenes are awesome.

Incidentally, we saw it at the UGC, do people usually walk out of films there? Maybe the neds didn't like the gentle plot or subtle humour....

I work there taking tickets and so forth and people do walk out of films quite a bit. Normally they're older and have been disgusted by the language' date=' but sometimes it is people who just don't get it. Or, "hey, it's a' in forrin, I'm nae readin a' that!"[/quote']

hahahahaha. i was at a showing of 'a very long engagement' where two guys said exactly that

I think instead of an age rating system (PG, 15, 18 etc), they should have an IQ rating system. i.e. "this is the minimum IQ you must possess to get into this film".

For example -

Son of the Mask - rated 25

Memento - rated 100.

Any foreign language films at the Belmont - rated 130.

Apologies to any idiots offended by this idea.

AKM

A fine addition to the Wes Anderson cannon. Not as good as The Royal Tenenbaums or Rushmore' date=' but up there Bottle Rocket for sure. Bill Murray is ace, and the underwater, semi-fantasy scenes are awesome.

Incidentally, we saw it at the UGC, do people usually walk out of films there? Maybe the neds didn't like the gentle plot or subtle humour....[/quote']

Were you the guy with the red in his hair talking about the rock in be cool that I served a hot dog to?

I loved the life aquatic, and the bill murray factor took it above tenenbaums for me. No one does a death charge like Bill.

I was disappointed to be honest. Not anywhere near as good as Rushmore or Tenenbaums (although better than Bottle Rocket, which is shit). Read the Empire review of it this morning, and it pretty much sums up my problems with it.

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/incinemas/ReviewInFull.asp?FID=9818

"In terms of character and sensibility, though, this is sadly Anderson at his worst."